Error when trying to activate Trados 2007!
Thread poster: Farzad Akmali

Farzad Akmali  Identity Verified
English to Farsi (Persian)
+ ...
Oct 21, 2010

Dear friends,

I had to re-install my windows today, but was not aware that I have to return my activation code and now, I tried millions of times to activate it but did not manage to do so. I tried to get help from the Trados Support but with no success and I could not send any support ticket.

I have to deliver some files tomorrow and if I do not activate it very soon I would miss the client and the deadline both!

your kind help is much appreciated!

best,

Farzad

Direct link Reply with quote

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 07:30
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Use the Solution Finder on talisma Oct 21, 2010

Unfortunately there is not much to do.
Go to http://talisma.sdl.com and start the Solution finder there. Navigate through the options there and report the case to SDL Support. They are the only people who can reset your license.

Should you have been working with Word and need just to cleanup the files however, than this will not be a problem at all.
First create copies of your files. Then open those copies, press ALT+F8, type "TW" in the empty field, select the "TW4winclean.main" from the list and run this macro. This will cleanup your document. Please note, that you need to repeat this procedure for every page header and footer and - if any - for most text fields in your document.
Please not also, that this does NOT update your TM (this is why I asked you to use copies of your files).

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Error when trying to activate Trados 2007!

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search