Studio 2009 on laptop
Thread poster: NR_Stedman
NR_Stedman  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 01:16
French to English
Oct 22, 2010

Beginners question!
When working with Wordfast and Trados 2007 (in MS Word) the text can be enlarged so that the screen just displays one source and target segment. This makes it very easy on the eyes and facilitates working on a laptop.

I have installed Studio 2009 on my laptop and there doesn't seem to be a way of enlarging text in the same way.Even in the "full screen" mode the text is very small, basically making it impossible to work with a small screen or laptop.

I do hope I'm missing something!

Direct link Reply with quote

Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2010)
Spanish to English
font adaptation Oct 22, 2010

Go to Tools>options>Editor>Font adaptation, and change the source/target font that best adapts to your laptop screen.
You can also change the size of the concordance window font by going to Tools>options>Editor>Concordance search window.

HTH

NR_Stedman  Identity Verified
France
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Emma Oct 23, 2010

I have nice big characters now!

Joel Earnest
Swedish to English
Zoom button Oct 24, 2010

You'll soon find that you will be reseting the font size very often since the right size depends on what was used in the original file.

Want a zoom button? You can vote for it here: http://ideas.sdl.com/ideas/detail.asp?i=2944

Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
French to German
+ ...
How many different PCs do you work on? Oct 24, 2010

You'll soon find that you will be reseting the font size very often since the right size depends on what was used in the original file

Do you often switch between PCs with different screen resolutions ?

Since I work with Studio (more than a year now), I cannot remember when I needed to adjust the font size. I have the impression that it always looks pretty the same.

The font size in Studio is not the same as in the source document, but only proportional.

Walter

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2009 on laptop

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search