Can I use my own Project and Filter Settings for my client's TM?
Thread poster: Fredrik Pettersson

Fredrik Pettersson  Identity Verified
Hong Kong
Member (2009)
English to Swedish
+ ...
Oct 23, 2010

These are Project and Filter Settings in my client's TM:

Text fields: Text Field, Project, Customer, Translator.
Attribute fields: Status, Beteckning, Kund, Application, Project, Subject, Component, Client, yhui.

I want to define my own Project and Filter Settings for the client's TM so that I, after having finished this project, I can import every TU to update my own TM. These are my own Project and Filter Settings that I would like to use (don't know if the client allows it though, have sent an email and asked him now):

Text fields: Project ID, Date.
Attribute fields: Category of translation, End client, Translation agency.

I will use TW+TagEditor, SDL TRados 2007 Freelance.

Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 04:31
French to German
+ ...
Project settings can be modified Oct 23, 2010

Sorry, but I don't really understand what your question is. Do you want to know whether you can (technically) change the settings? The answer is YES. As long as the TM is not protected by a password, you may change the settings in Workbench.
Whether this will be welcomed by the client if this is his TM is another story and you have - as you seem to have done already - ask the client.

Walter

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Can I use my own Project and Filter Settings for my client's TM?

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search