SDL MultiTerm creates termbase with "unknown error"!
Thread poster: itolvgeg

itolvgeg
Chinese to English
Oct 23, 2010

I installed SDL MultiTerm 2007 today, when I started SDL MultiTerm to create a termbase, a warning message with "unknown error" comes out. I tried to create a termbase many times but I failed. The warning message came out every time I created a termbase.

What is wrong with my SDL MultiTerm? Who can give me some suggestions or revolutions, thank you!

Tom Fennell
United States
Local time: 22:32
Member (2010)
Russian to English
+ ...
Your operating system? Oct 23, 2010

In my Vista (both 32 and 64) you have to make sure that "User Account Control' is turned off for Multiterm to work.

My error is different but this may help.

Good luck!

Daniel Pestana  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 04:32
Member (2010)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Administrator rights Oct 23, 2010

Hi. I had the same problem. Try activating the Administrator rights through Ms-Dos.

This article might help:

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/enable-the-hidden-administrator-account-on-windows-vista/

Hope it helps.

Best,
Daniel

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL MultiTerm creates termbase with "unknown error"!

Advanced search

WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search