https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/183718-trados_claiming_tags_missing_which_are_not_and_losing_%22end_of_paragraph%22_marks.html

Trados claiming tags missing (which are not) and losing "end of paragraph" marks
Thread poster: Stuart Robertson
Stuart Robertson
Stuart Robertson  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 02:14
Dutch to English
+ ...
Oct 24, 2010

I have been working with Trados 2007 FE to translate a doc file using Word 2007. It all appeared to be going fine with no problems, until I ran an analysis of the partly translated file. This completed but returned a number of errors, saying that an "< }n{ > mark for delimiting source and target is missing or damaged at offset... followed by strings of numbers.

My problem is that I cannot find any tags missing in the file. The Fix document function in the trados ribbon does not appe
... See more
I have been working with Trados 2007 FE to translate a doc file using Word 2007. It all appeared to be going fine with no problems, until I ran an analysis of the partly translated file. This completed but returned a number of errors, saying that an "< }n{ > mark for delimiting source and target is missing or damaged at offset... followed by strings of numbers.

My problem is that I cannot find any tags missing in the file. The Fix document function in the trados ribbon does not appear to affect the file whatsoever.

I tried opening a fresh version of the file, ran a pre-translate and that ran without issue. I cleaned the translation and that also ran without issue. Thinking the problem solved, I converted the BAK to a doc to continue working, but as soon as I try opening and setting a segment I get a 33353 error: end of paragraph not found. If i then try to restore the segment to source, it tries to place tags inside the target text box... It also appears to exhibit this behaviour no matter where I try to open a segment in the file, which leads me to believe Trados is not recognising the paragraph marks?

I've tried everything I can think of and have searched high and low. It seems SDL did have articles about the 33353 error on their KB but for some reason have deleted them. To avoid any time being wasted, this is NOT the error regarding ToCs referred to on the KB. I would really like to get this sorted, or else I have a tonne of translation memory that I'm going to have to paste in line by line.... Any help would be very much appreciated!

[Edited at 2010-10-24 17:32 GMT]
Collapse

Els Hoefman
Els Hoefman  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:14
English to Dutch
+ ...
Replace paragraph marks? Oct 25, 2010

I have no idea, but what I would try is this: if Trados does not seem to recognise the paragraph marks, maybe you could use the search and replace function in Word to replace the paragraph marks by some other value and then replace that value by paragraph marks again. Just a crazy idea, but who knows, it might help...

Stanislav Pokorny
Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 03:14
English to Czech
+ ...
Search this forum Oct 25, 2010

Hi Stuart,
this issue was discussed many times in this Forum. You might want to try to search it for "Missing paragraph" or "End of paragraph not found".

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados claiming tags missing (which are not) and losing "end of paragraph" marks

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »