What should I do if I forgot to get placeable for several tags in source segment?
Thread poster: Fredrik Pettersson

Fredrik Pettersson  Identity Verified
Hong Kong
Member (2009)
English to Swedish
+ ...
Oct 25, 2010

What should I do if I forgot to get placeable for several tags in source segment?

I've only translated a few TU:s in the first .ttx file I have, and on several occassions I was alerted by TagEditor "Tags are missing in the target segment. Do you still wish to continue?" I chose "Yes" But now, I understand I should have done the command "Get current placeable" to copy the tags from source segment to target segment. So the situation now is that I have some tags in source segments that are missing in target segments.

I think I can't "Undo" so I suppose I have to "Fix document". How do I do that?

Here is an example of how my document looks like now:

• source segment
    and corresponding target segment:
    target segment
    (So there is no tags
  • and in the target segment)

Also, when there is a long sentences that is split up by TagEditor, is it possible to get each tag of source segment as placeable in target segment, TU by TU?

Direct link Reply with quote

• Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)  Identity Verified
    Thailand
    Local time: 23:21
    Member (2004)
    English to Thai
    + ...
    QA checker Oct 25, 2010

Trados QA Checker function will list all missed tags for you to amend before saving the target language file. You set QA checking options to see/omit what to check.

Soonthon Lupkitaro

Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
    Switzerland
    Local time: 17:21
    French to German
    + ...
    It is very easy Oct 25, 2010

Fredrik Pettersson wrote:

I've only translated a few TU:s in the first .ttx file I have, and on several occassions I was alerted by TagEditor "Tags are missing in the target segment. Do you still wish to continue?" I chose "Yes" But now, I understand I should have done the command "Get current placeable" to copy the tags from source segment to target segment. So the situation now is that I have some tags in source segments that are missing in target segments.

I think I can't "Undo" so I suppose I have to "Fix document". How do I do that?

Where is the problem? You do not need any UNDO nor a 'Fix Document' (which BTW only exists in Word, but not in TE). Simply reopen the corresponding segment and transfer the missing tags from source to target. Nothing simpler as this!

Walter

Fredrik Pettersson  Identity Verified
    Hong Kong
    Member (2009)
    English to Swedish
    + ...
    TOPIC STARTER
    The source internal tags do not come up in green source field when Open/Get Oct 25, 2010

The source internal tags do not come up in green source field when Open/Get.

I have the tags [li][text] source text [text][li], and Open/Get, I don't get any source internal tags ([text] that comes at beginning and end of source text) so I can't get any placeables in this case. Why?

This is not the case when I have the tags [para][text] source text [text][para]. In this case, when I Open/Get I get the internal tag [text] in the green source field so I can Get placeable.

[Edited at 2010-10-25 07:58 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
    Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
    WordFinder
    The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

Forums
    • All of ProZ.com
    • Term search
    • Jobs
    • Forums
    • Multiple search