Fail to save sdlxliff file : "Index and length must refer to a location within the string"
Thread poster: kirameister
Oct 25, 2010

Hello

I'm using Trados Studio 2009 (SP2) and having the following problem :

==
(1) Open a XML file
(2) Work on translation (which is partially translated by TM)
(3) At certain point of my work, I tried to save the sdlxliff file by simply "Ctrl+s" or "File | Save" menu option.
(4) Then I get the following error message in a dialog :

Index and length must refer to a location within the string.
Parameter name: length
==

Funny thing is that I cannot always reproduce this problem. When I close the sdlxliff file (without saving it), open the same file (though some of my previous translation work is lost), add the translation, and saving the file just works file. So far, I have failed to know the criteria for this error message to appear.

Does anyone have an idea what's actually been going on, preferably with a remedy?

Best regards,
Akira K.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Fail to save sdlxliff file : "Index and length must refer to a location within the string"

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search