Fail to save sdlxliff file : "Index and length must refer to a location within the string"
Thread poster: kirameister
Oct 25, 2010

Hello

I'm using Trados Studio 2009 (SP2) and having the following problem :

==
(1) Open a XML file
(2) Work on translation (which is partially translated by TM)
(3) At certain point of my work, I tried to save the sdlxliff file by simply "Ctrl+s" or "File | Save" menu option.
(4) Then I get the following error message in a dialog :

Index and length must refer to a location within the string.
Parameter name: length
==

Funny thing is that I cannot always reproduce this problem. When I close the sdlxliff file (without saving it), open the same file (though some of my previous translation work is lost), add the translation, and saving the file just works file. So far, I have failed to know the criteria for this error message to appear.

Does anyone have an idea what's actually been going on, preferably with a remedy?

Best regards,
Akira K.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Fail to save sdlxliff file : "Index and length must refer to a location within the string"

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search