How to change from a mistakenly used Trados TM?
Thread poster: Marisa Condurso de Nohara

Marisa Condurso de Nohara  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 23:34
English to Spanish
+ ...
Oct 25, 2010

I will appreciate anybody's help to learn how to retrieve the segments I translated using a mistakenly chosen Trados TM and add both source and target segments to the corresponding TM.
In other words: When starting Trados Workbench, my most commonly used TM opened by default, but I did not noticed until late that I was translating quite a different subject this time. I wished I could correct this mistake. Could any one help me? Thank you in advance.
McNohara

Direct link Reply with quote

Adam Łobatiuk  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 04:34
Member (2009)
English to Polish
+ ...
Make a copy Oct 25, 2010

Just make a copy of the file you have translated (even if only a part of it is translated), and clean it up with the correct TM.

If you want to delete the segments from the mistakenly selected TM, use Maintenance in Workbench and enter today's date and the approximate start time as Created on OR Modified on (you have to choose OR, not AND). For details, please see the Help.

Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)  Identity Verified
Thailand
Local time: 09:34
Member (2004)
English to Thai
+ ...
Autotranslate + QA with correct termbase Oct 26, 2010

I did autotranslate + QA with correct termbase out of Trados. By cleaning with correct TM in T2007or T2009, the correct TM will be overwritten with wrongly translated segments. By doing autotranslate and QA verification, I can check each segment where the discrepancy is, and revise the target segments accordingly.

Soonthon Lupkitaro

Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 04:34
French to German
+ ...
Why termbase? Oct 26, 2010

Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.) wrote:

I did autotranslate + QA with correct termbase out of Trados. By cleaning with correct TM in T2007or T2009, the correct TM will be overwritten with wrongly translated segments. By doing autotranslate and QA verification, I can check each segment where the discrepancy is, and revise the target segments accordingly.

Soonthon Lupkitaro

Why do you need a termbase? She used the wrong TM and wants to correct the TM and not the termbase!!

Walter

Marisa Condurso de Nohara  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 23:34
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you to all of you Oct 26, 2010

Thank you a lot for all the replies and for the debate aimed at providing me with the best solution. As far as I understand, Adam's is a quite simple and reasonable way to enter my translation into the correct Translation Memory and delete the first segments introduced in the mistaken TM. I had already done half of this process, but did not know who to carry out the last part. Maintenance will do.
I appreciate your concern and quick replies.
Best regards,
McNohara

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to change from a mistakenly used Trados TM?

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search