https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/183887-tag_setting_for_step_xml.html

Tag setting for STEP-XML
Thread poster: Maren Pärn
Maren Pärn
Maren Pärn
Local time: 18:57
English to Estonian
+ ...
Oct 26, 2010

I have never specified an ini-file for xml translations. I have a STEP-XML export file for translation and the xsl-stylesheet file. How can I configure the appropriate tag settings for the translatable file? Are there any step-by-step instructions for this procedure?

Adam Łobatiuk
Adam Łobatiuk  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 17:57
Member (2009)
English to Polish
+ ...
For which Trados version? Oct 26, 2010

In 2007, you can open Tag Editor, Tools, Tag settings and click Help for details. You will probably need to import your xml file, if you don't have the DTD, during the wizard procedure. You might also google for the DTD file (not the Trados ini file, which is also called DTD, but the official XML DTD), as it is a standard and it should be available somewhere.

Maren Pärn
Maren Pärn
English to Estonian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Tag setting for STEP-XML Oct 28, 2010

Thanks, Adam. You obviously are much more computer literate than I am:-) I tried the tag setting wizard in TagEditor of Trados 2007 (I have also Trados 2009 but I haven't familiarized myself with it, yet), imported the xsl-stylesheet provided by the client and genereated a new ini-file, but the file to be translated still gives an error message 'The DOCTYPE declarations/root elements from the document and the currently selected tag settings file do not match.' This is a rocket science for me. W... See more
Thanks, Adam. You obviously are much more computer literate than I am:-) I tried the tag setting wizard in TagEditor of Trados 2007 (I have also Trados 2009 but I haven't familiarized myself with it, yet), imported the xsl-stylesheet provided by the client and genereated a new ini-file, but the file to be translated still gives an error message 'The DOCTYPE declarations/root elements from the document and the currently selected tag settings file do not match.' This is a rocket science for me. Would you know anyone who would be willing to guide me though this process?Collapse

Maren Pärn
Maren Pärn
English to Estonian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Tag setting for STEP-XML in TagEditor Oct 28, 2010

I'll rephrase my question: is the xsl-stylesheet something I should use in defining the tag setting with the tag setting wizard or should I use the xml export file itself? What should be marked as the root element? Am I really the only one in the community who has encountered STEP-XML format in translations?

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
Local time: 17:57
English
STEP-XML and Studio Oct 28, 2010

Maren Pärn wrote:

I'll rephrase my question: is the xsl-stylesheet something I should use in defining the tag setting with the tag setting wizard or should I use the xml export file itself? What should be marked as the root element? Am I really the only one in the community who has encountered STEP-XML format in translations?

Hi Maren,

I've never come across this particular type of XML before, but if you'd like to send me an example of the file perhaps I can give you some steps on how to create the filetype, and use the stylesheet to preview the file as you're working on the translation.

It's normally very straightforward in Studio. If you can, send it me at [email protected]

Regards

Paul

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Tag setting for STEP-XML

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »