Thread poster: Zarin Khan
Zarin Khan
Zarin Khan
United Kingdom
Local time: 17:14
English to Urdu
+ ...
Oct 26, 2010

I shall appreciate if someone could help me on this. When after completion of translation in TE I convert the file into Word Document I received this message: "Error while converting to word document: end tag does not have a matching start tag" Is there any solution to this.

Walter Blaser
Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 18:14
French to German
+ ...
Correct the tag error Oct 26, 2010

When after completion of translation in TE I convert the file into Word Document I received this message: "Error while converting to word document: end tag does not have a matching start tag" Is there any solution to this.

Yes, there is. As the error message says, you have an non matching pair of tags in your target text (an end tag without a matching start tag). So the cure is to locate this faulty pair of tags and correct the error by adding the missing tag.

The Verify function (F8) will help you find the incriminated segment.

Walter

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Easy solution Oct 26, 2010

Please verify your translation using the generic tag verifier.
Correct the errors you've made during the process and you will be able to save your document.
Your error message does contain all necessary information: an end tag does not have a matching starting tag.
When working with tagged text you have to pay attention to tags and shall not ignore messages about possible tag deletion.
If you need more information, please simply use the search function on this forum - the
... See more
Please verify your translation using the generic tag verifier.
Correct the errors you've made during the process and you will be able to save your document.
Your error message does contain all necessary information: an end tag does not have a matching starting tag.
When working with tagged text you have to pay attention to tags and shall not ignore messages about possible tag deletion.
If you need more information, please simply use the search function on this forum - there are numerous posts with exactly the same error message and answers in those topics.
Collapse

Zarin Khan
Zarin Khan
United Kingdom
English to Urdu
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Easy solution Oct 26, 2010

Thank you so much for your quick help. Now with another file (when I go for preview) I am getting another message from the TagEditor "Error while writing breaks". I shall appreciate solution for this.

Jerzy Czopik
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Very well documented error Oct 27, 2010

A quick search on talisma.sdl.com delivers http://talisma.sdl.com/article.aspx?article=1468&p=1
And a search on this forum would have also delivered you that solution.
In this very case the source document needs a very slight modofication.

Zarin Khan
Zarin Khan
United Kingdom
English to Urdu
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Very well documented error Oct 27, 2010

Thank you very much for your help. I really appreciate it.

fetsan (X)
fetsan (X)
English to German
+ ...
I have the same problem, and the Tag Verifier Mar 14, 2011

won't tell any errors.
In fact, according to the plugin, there are no errors at all in the document.
Still, I keep getting the "Error while converting to Word document: End Tag does not have a matching Start tag"-Message...
I use MS Office for mac 2011 and Trados 2007, and I honestly can't explain how this can happen?
Can anyone help?

Jerzy Czopik
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
The message is clear - there is an end tag without a starting tag Mar 14, 2011

Did you check the source document before you started translating, as has been recommended quite a few times in this forum?
When you open a document for translation you should test, if you are able to produce target file before you even start.
Check please, if the this works.
On a side note, I am not aware of any possibility to process Office 2011 for Mac with SDL Trados 2007, as this version does not support even Office 2010 for PC. So this may very well be the source of your t
... See more
Did you check the source document before you started translating, as has been recommended quite a few times in this forum?
When you open a document for translation you should test, if you are able to produce target file before you even start.
Check please, if the this works.
On a side note, I am not aware of any possibility to process Office 2011 for Mac with SDL Trados 2007, as this version does not support even Office 2010 for PC. So this may very well be the source of your trouble.
Collapse

fetsan (X)
fetsan (X)
English to German
+ ...
Thank you for your reply, Apr 24, 2011

I figured that the error was more or less some of the commonly known break/paragraph-errors.
So I just translated the document in Word.
The weird thing is, I checked whether "Saving As Target" worked, and it did. However it didn't anymore after 1700 translated words...
Thanks anyway,
I guess I have to cope with such things now and then.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Error while converting to Word document

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »