SDL Multiterm 2009
Thread poster: Jacques Ampolini
Jacques Ampolini  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 00:54
Member (2003)
English to French
+ ...
Oct 26, 2010

I recently got SDL Trados studio 2009 and Multiterm 2009 on a new computer.

I cannot get the two connected and wonder whether the problem comes from my new computer which runs on Windows 7and 64 bits.

Could you please give me some information


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Grzegorz Gryc  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:54
French to Polish
+ ...
A general issue... Oct 27, 2010

Jacques Ampolini wrote:

I recently got SDL Trados studio 2009 and Multiterm 2009 on a new computer.

I cannot get the two connected and wonder whether the problem comes from my new computer which runs on Windows 7and 64 bits.


SDLT 2009 and MT 2009 work on Windows 7 and on 64 bit machines but the communication failure is a common issue.
It was discussed here several times and it's no clear way to fix it.
In most cases, the Side-by-Side Repair utility is enough.

Cheers
GG


Direct link Reply with quote
 
Jacques Ampolini  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 00:54
Member (2003)
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you. Oct 27, 2010

Thank you. What do you mean by side to side?
I appreciate your answer.


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Grzegorz Gryc  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:54
French to Polish
+ ...
Side-by-Side Oct 27, 2010

Jacques Ampolini wrote:

Thank you. What do you mean by side to side?
I appreciate your answer.


When you leave MT 2007 side by side with MT 2009, SDL provides a tool for this (initially) unsupported configuration.
It permits to reset the settings for both editions.
It's available in the setup package but it's not installed automatically.
The installer is cached in the Program Files SDL related hierarchy.

Cheers
GG

[Edited at 2010-10-27 21:29 GMT]


Direct link Reply with quote
 
Jacques Ampolini  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 00:54
Member (2003)
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you very much. Oct 27, 2010

Grzegorz Gryc wrote:

Jacques Ampolini wrote:

Thank you. What do you mean by side to side?
I appreciate your answer.


When you leave MT 2007 side by side with MT 2009, SDL provides a tool for this (initially) unsupported configuration.
It permits to reset the settings for both editions.
It's available in the setup package but it's not installed automatically.
The installer is cached in the [b]Program Files[b] SDL related hierarchy.

Cheers
GG


Direct link Reply with quote
 


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:


You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Multiterm 2009

Advanced search







WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »



Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search