Ehab Tantawy  Identity Verified
Local time: 20:36
Member (2006)
English to Arabic
+ ...
Oct 26, 2010

Dear All,

I hope this email finds you well.

While doing translation inside Studio 2009 and copying some texts contains sub- and/or superscripts like in chemical formulae it is pasted as raw text without those complex scripts. Is there any option/function to be enabled/disabled to solve this problem.

I have to copy and paste then reformat the text (sub- and super scripts) as needed.

Please help.

Best Regards,
Ehab

Direct link Reply with quote

Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 19:36
French to German
+ ...
Use QuickPlace instead of pasting Oct 27, 2010

Why do you use copy-paste? This should only be used exceptionally in Studio.
In order to transfer the subscript or superscript format from source to target, simply type your target text, then select the text that should be formatted (e.g. superscript) and hit CTRL-comma. The tags for superscript/subscript (or any other format) will automatically be inserted around the selected text. That's it. This is the recommended method to transfer formatting in Studio and is very comfortable and fast.

And by the way: I have not been able to reproduce your problem. In my test, the copy-paste also copied the tags. I guess your selection did not include all the text including the necessary tags.

Walter

István Hirsch  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:36
English to Hungarian
Writing direction? Oct 27, 2010

I have not experienced this problem in English-Hungarian language pair either. Perhaps the problem is caused by the different writing direction?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Copy & Paste for Sub- and/or Superscripts Studio 9

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search