Erik Freitag  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 17:19
Member (2006)
Dutch to German
+ ...
Oct 27, 2010

Dear all,

I've noticed that saving a file by pressing CTRL+S in the editor (Studio SP3) is kind of a lottery: Sometimes (quite often), I get the error message "The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process". I don't know which process could possibly be meant. I repeat the save command a couple of times, and usually it works after the error message has been displayed five or six times in a row (no other steps involved, just repeating the save command).

What's happening?

Regards,
Erik

Direct link Reply with quote

Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
French to German
+ ...
Really strange Oct 27, 2010

I have never seen this happening. Could it be that you have two copies of Studio open?

Walter

Erik Freitag  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2006)
Dutch to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
no second instance of Studio, but search & replace window Oct 27, 2010

Walter Blaser wrote:

I have never seen this happening. Could it be that you have two copies of Studio open?

Walter

No, I don't. What I do have open in addition to Studio is Studio's search & replace window.

In the meantime, I've noticed that saving will work even after waiting a certain time (30 s) doing nothing.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio: "The process cannot access the file because it is being used..."

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search