Searching fonction in Studio - page by page?
Thread poster: Christiane Lalonde

Christiane Lalonde  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 01:59
English to French
Oct 27, 2010

I'm working with Studio 2009 and just discovered that when searching for a specific term in one of my TM (I am in the maintenance menu of the TM window), with the search fonction, Studio doesn't go through all the TM until it finds it, but goes page by page, asking me each time if I want to continue the search on the next page... considering I have ten of thousands of segments, how much time do you think I will spend on that?
Maybe there's a solution I don't know about, if anyone could help me...

Direct link Reply with quote

Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 07:59
French to German
+ ...
Increase the number of TUs displayed per page Oct 27, 2010

At the moment, this is to my knowledge the only thing you can do to at least ease this process a bit.

In Tools - Options - Translation Memory View you can change the number of TUs displayed per page, so that at least you need to paginate less frequently.

I suggest you submit an idea on ideas.sdl.com and also vote for this one:

http://ideas.sdl.com/ideas/detail.asp?i=2687

Walter

István Hirsch  Identity Verified
English to Hungarian
Perhaps this works Oct 27, 2010

In Translation Memory View go to Edit/Find and Replace, and at „Look in:” choose „Selection”, then select the whole target text. So you can search the whole target text without interruption, by pressing „Find next”.

Susanne Rieg  Identity Verified
English to German
+ ...
SP3 does search of entire TM Oct 27, 2010

I'm not quite sure how it was in pre SP3, but in SP3 there is the "Search Details" Box (View/Search Details), where you can select "Search entire TM". Then all you need to do is to leaf through the results windows.

Sanne

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Searching fonction in Studio - page by page?

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search