Searching fonction in Studio - page by page?
Thread poster: Christiane Lalonde

Christiane Lalonde  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:26
English to French
Oct 27, 2010

I'm working with Studio 2009 and just discovered that when searching for a specific term in one of my TM (I am in the maintenance menu of the TM window), with the search fonction, Studio doesn't go through all the TM until it finds it, but goes page by page, asking me each time if I want to continue the search on the next page... considering I have ten of thousands of segments, how much time do you think I will spend on that?
Maybe there's a solution I don't know about, if anyone could help me...

Direct link Reply with quote

Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:26
French to German
+ ...
Increase the number of TUs displayed per page Oct 27, 2010

At the moment, this is to my knowledge the only thing you can do to at least ease this process a bit.

In Tools - Options - Translation Memory View you can change the number of TUs displayed per page, so that at least you need to paginate less frequently.

I suggest you submit an idea on and also vote for this one:

István Hirsch  Identity Verified
English to Hungarian
Perhaps this works Oct 27, 2010

In Translation Memory View go to Edit/Find and Replace, and at „Look in:” choose „Selection”, then select the whole target text. So you can search the whole target text without interruption, by pressing „Find next”.

Susanne Rieg  Identity Verified
English to German
+ ...
SP3 does search of entire TM Oct 27, 2010

I'm not quite sure how it was in pre SP3, but in SP3 there is the "Search Details" Box (View/Search Details), where you can select "Search entire TM". Then all you need to do is to leaf through the results windows.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Searching fonction in Studio - page by page?

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

• All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search