Trados Workbench does not auto translate file headers
Thread poster:  Identity Verified
Local time: 17:20
English to Arabic
+ ...
Oct 28, 2010

Sometimes SDL Trados Workbench does not auto translate certain file headers although translation is there in TM @100%.

Version: SDL Trados Workbench 2007
MS Office: 2003

For your reference please find files under question:

Source (Arabic file):
Unclean file:

I kept a link to unclean file as well so you can clean it using workbench to render translation.

After cleaning the file you shall be able to open each header manually to get stored 100% match translation.

However, trying Workbench>>Tools>>Translate… shall not help translating headers although 100% match translation is there.

Any solution to overcome such header issue without upgrading my versions nor using TageEditor instead of Workbench?

Thank you

Direct link Reply with quote

David Parry  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:20
German to English
Trados and headers Oct 29, 2010

Trados when used with Word has a blind spot for headers, footers and text boxes. You can go into headers manually and translate the segments, although I have heard that it is sometimes risky to do so and it is better to translate headers manually.
Tageditor is the only way around this. I dislike TE just as much as you do, but it "sees" all the text in the files, including text boxes, and it keeps ALL the formatting.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados Workbench does not auto translate file headers

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

• All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search