SOLVED - Strange mouse wheel behaviour - Trados Studio 2009 SP3
Thread poster: John Flower
John Flower
Spain
Local time: 18:04
Spanish to English
Oct 28, 2010

The scroll wheel on my Logitech RX250 mouse no longer works properly in Trados Studio 2009 FL, I'm running Windows 7 64 bit. I installed SP3 earlier this month but the problem has appeared more recently so perhaps is not caused by the upgrade. I tried another mouse with a scroll wheel, and it showed the same behaviour.

Expected behaviour:
Normally the wheel allows me to scroll within the Editor or the Termbase Viewer.

Actual behaviour:
Right now the wheel does nothing if I am at the top of the document or termbase list, and if I am further down the document or list it actually scrolls UP to the top when I move the wheel in either direction.

Behaviour in all other programs is as expected.

I have rebooted, checked the generic MS driver, tried the latest Logitech driver, and googled and searched forums.

Is this happening to anybody else? It's a far more annoying bug than one would think. Any help would be most welcome.

EDIT:

Problem solved, another program had been updated and one of its new features doesn't get on with Trados Studio 2009. I'll post the details in case anybody else has the same problem.

The latest version of Actual Window Manager adds a feature to 'scroll inactive windows with the mouse wheel' and is activated by default. To deactivate it untick its checkbox under Options>Triggers>Mouse.

[Edited at 2010-10-28 18:07 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

Carmen Álvarez  Identity Verified
Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
Same problem Oct 5, 2011

Hello, I have the same problem with Trados 2007 and Windows 7 64 bits. But I don't know what "Actual Window Manager" is. Is it an option of Windows 7? I just bought my computer 5 days ago and I am not yet familiar with the OS ^^#

Could you please tell me in more detail how to solve this?
Thanks in advance for your attention and time,

Carmen

John Flower
Spain
Spanish to English
TOPIC STARTER
Re: Solved Oct 5, 2011

Hello Carmen,

'Actual Windows Manager' was another program which I installed and which caused problems with Trados as described. I imagine that you do not have it installed, so the solution will not be applicable. It is possible that there is another program causing a similar problem, and I don't think it's a Trados issue. Sorry I couldn't be of more help, and if you have any further questions feel free to PM me. Best of luck!

Carmen Álvarez  Identity Verified
Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
Thanks Oct 8, 2011

Ok, thanks anyway, John

I've been googleing a little and it looks like I found a solution, it's a program called Mouse Wheel Control:

http://mouse-wheel-control.en.softonic.com/

It has restored the scrolling functionality in TagEditor.

Regards,

Carmen

[Edited at 2011-10-08 11:34 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SOLVED - Strange mouse wheel behaviour - Trados Studio 2009 SP3

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search