Thread poster: Mariana Rohlig Sa

Mariana Rohlig Sa  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 06:40
Member (2012)
English to German
+ ...
Oct 30, 2010

I am practicing using Trados, and was just cleaning my first file when this message appearaed:

(-2147467259): The target document cannot be created because the tag structure in the TagEditor document is invalid.
File skipped!

What does that mean? I saved it as a doc. file. Not sure if that was the problem?

Direct link Reply with quote

Adam Łobatiuk  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 07:40
Member (2009)
English to Polish
+ ...
More information needed to solve your problem Oct 30, 2010

Do I guess it correctly that you had a source doc file, opened it in Tag Editor, translated, saved as TTX, and tried to clean it up with Workbench? If that's the case, then the problem seems to be as the message says - there's something wrong with the tags in the TTX document.

Try using the QA plugins in Tag Editor to determine where the errors are and fix them (the Generic Tag Verifier should do). If that doesn't help, open the source file in Tag Editor again and re-translate the file using the TM you already have. In TE, try the Save as Target command, point to the the source file and confirm.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Error (-2147467259) during clean up

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search