SDLTrados2007Suite_FL_SP3_863_Patch.exe still available?
Thread poster: Channa Montijn
Channa Montijn
Channa Montijn  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 10:51
Member (2003)
English to Dutch
+ ...
Oct 31, 2010

Dear all

I use Translator's Workbench/SDLX, Version 8.0 Freelance (build 835) on my new pc with Windows 7 (32 bit) and Office 2007.
I have major problems when translating an inx file (Tageditor keeps closing for no apparent reason) and I was wondering if an update to a newer version (in this case to service pack 3) might be the solution.
I checked the solution center, and there is an article about this sp3, however I can not see any downloads there.
I contacted the
... See more
Dear all

I use Translator's Workbench/SDLX, Version 8.0 Freelance (build 835) on my new pc with Windows 7 (32 bit) and Office 2007.
I have major problems when translating an inx file (Tageditor keeps closing for no apparent reason) and I was wondering if an update to a newer version (in this case to service pack 3) might be the solution.
I checked the solution center, and there is an article about this sp3, however I can not see any downloads there.
I contacted the client and he says that he has no problems with this specific file, so there must be something wrong at my end...
Thanks in advance for your help!

[Edited at 2010-10-31 08:02 GMT]

[Edited at 2010-10-31 08:02 GMT]
Collapse

Giuliana Buscaglione
Giuliana Buscaglione  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 01:51
Member (2001)
German to Italian
+ ...
Yes, in your download area Oct 31, 2010

just check under my downloads in your SDL account. You might also want to install the latest hotfix "File Format Filter Update for SDLTrados 2007 Suite September 2010", also helpful in case of some issues with inx files (available on talisma)

Giuliana

PS Actually, the patch is called "SDLTrados2007Suite_FL_863_Patch.exe". I have it under my CCM Suite 2007 Freelance as released on Oct 31st 2008

"SDL Trados 2007 Suite Freelance Patch

This patch
... See more
just check under my downloads in your SDL account. You might also want to install the latest hotfix "File Format Filter Update for SDLTrados 2007 Suite September 2010", also helpful in case of some issues with inx files (available on talisma)

Giuliana

PS Actually, the patch is called "SDLTrados2007Suite_FL_863_Patch.exe". I have it under my CCM Suite 2007 Freelance as released on Oct 31st 2008

This patch will update your existing installation of SDL Trados 2007 Freelance SP2. To see what is new refer to SDL Trados 2007 Suite Freelance What's New Release Notes."

[Edited at 2010-10-31 09:44 GMT]
Collapse

Channa Montijn
Netherlands
Member (2003)
English to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
SP 3 not available Oct 31, 2010

Dear Giuliana

Thanks for you quick reply:)

That is the problem... I checked the downloads, but there is no update to SP3-863 (the latest is SP2 which I have already installed).
And I am not sure if I can install File Format Filter Update for SDLTrados 2007 Suite September 2010 with SP2 (I do not think so).
Since I do not have not paid for support, it seems I can not contact SDL anymore...

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
The elusive SDL Support Oct 31, 2010

Hi Channa,

There is an article here explaining which products are current;

http://talisma.sdl.com/article.aspx?article=2073&p=1

You'll see that you do have the latest version of SDL Trados 2007 Suite. SP3 relates only to SDL Trados Studio 2009.... See more
Hi Channa,

There is an article here explaining which products are current;

http://talisma.sdl.com/article.aspx?article=2073&p=1

You'll see that you do have the latest version of SDL Trados 2007 Suite. SP3 relates only to SDL Trados Studio 2009.

If you go to http://talisma.sdl.com and look at the menu of the left hand side you'll see that they are organised into product categories (plus a few more). If you open a product category you'll see a link to Hotfix and Service Pack Releases. In there the first one in the list is "Cumulative File Format Filter Update for SDL Trados 2007 Suite" - http://talisma.sdl.com/article.aspx?article=3368&p=1

That may contain the fix you need for your INX issue. If not come back and we can take another look.

Regards

Paul
Collapse

Channa Montijn
Netherlands
Member (2003)
English to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Cumulative File Format Filter Update for SDL Trados 2007 Suite Oct 31, 2010

Dear Paul

Thank you so much for your reply. I thought SDL Trados 2007 Suite (version 8.3.0.863) was the latest version (I have build 835), but all those different versions drive me insane sometimes
I downloaded the Cumulative File Format Filter Update for SDL Trados 2007 Suite and installed it, but Tageditor keeps closing down when translating the file into Fuzzy (no error message: it just says: not working and c
... See more
Dear Paul

Thank you so much for your reply. I thought SDL Trados 2007 Suite (version 8.3.0.863) was the latest version (I have build 835), but all those different versions drive me insane sometimes
I downloaded the Cumulative File Format Filter Update for SDL Trados 2007 Suite and installed it, but Tageditor keeps closing down when translating the file into Fuzzy (no error message: it just says: not working and closing down.)
Any suggestions are more than welcome!
Thanks in advance.
Collapse

Channa Montijn
Netherlands
Member (2003)
English to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
No patch available Oct 31, 2010

Giuliana Buscaglione wrote:

Giuliana

This patch will update your existing installation of SDL Trados 2007 Freelance SP2. To see what is new refer to SDL Trados 2007 Suite Freelance What's New Release Notes."

[Edited at 2010-10-31 09:44 GMT]

Dear Giuliana

Thanks for the extra info.... I think I know why I can not find the 863 patch... On proz SDL mentioned on October 31, 2008 "All SDL
PSMA holders, LSP Partners and customers who purchased SDL Trados
2007 after 1st September 2008 automatically receive a free upgrade to
this exciting new release."
I bought SDL Trados 2007 Freelance (including Service Pack 2) on January 2008 so apparantly I have no right to a free upgrade...

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
Giuliana is correct Oct 31, 2010

Channa Montijn wrote:
Dear Giuliana
Thanks for the extra info.... I think I know why I can not find the 863 patch... On proz SDL mentioned on October 31, 2008 "All SDL
PSMA holders, LSP Partners and customers who purchased SDL Trados
2007 after 1st September 2008 automatically receive a free upgrade to
this exciting new release."
I bought SDL Trados 2007 Freelance (including Service Pack 2) on January 2008 so apparantly I have no right to a free upgrade...

Hi Channa,

This is correct. Sorry, in my earlier post I missed that point. If you go to http://www.translationzone.com/en/shop/shop_upgrades.asp you will find the appropriate upgrade route to go from your current build of SDL Trados 2007 to the latest tools. It says upgrade to SDL Trados Studio 2009 SP3 but this will come with a fully licensed copy of SDL Trados 2007 Suite version 863 so you have a choice of applications.

I would recommend (if you do upgrade) taking a look at Studio, but you have time to get used to it with a version of SDL Trados 2007 that may resolve your issue. The hotfix I pointed you to before is actually for this release, although upgrading may resolve your problem anyway.

Regards

Paul

Daniel García
Daniel García
English to Spanish
+ ...
Look in SDL Support Knowledge Base Oct 31, 2010

Hi, Channa,

This article in SDL's knowledge base explains how to update your Trados 2007 SP2 installation to Trados 2007 SP3 (i.e. Trados 8 863).

http://talisma.sdl.com/article.aspx?article=2331&p=1

After installing this, you will have to install the hotfixes for Trados 2007 Suite (SDL Trados 2007 SP3 is also called SDL Trados 2007 Suite).
... See more
Hi, Channa,

This article in SDL's knowledge base explains how to update your Trados 2007 SP2 installation to Trados 2007 SP3 (i.e. Trados 8 863).

http://talisma.sdl.com/article.aspx?article=2331&p=1

After installing this, you will have to install the hotfixes for Trados 2007 Suite (SDL Trados 2007 SP3 is also called SDL Trados 2007 Suite).

http://talisma.sdl.com/article.aspx?article=2360&p=1

I hope this helps!

Daniel
Collapse

Channa Montijn
Netherlands
Member (2003)
English to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Easy fix Oct 31, 2010

http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/184253-easy_solution_to_crashing_te.html

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDLTrados2007Suite_FL_SP3_863_Patch.exe still available?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »