Channa Montijn  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 21:33
Member (2003)
English to Dutch
+ ...
Oct 31, 2010

Dear all

If you have been reading my posts today about Tageditor crashing when translating an inx file (I searched all the forums, even paid for an upgrade from Trados freelance build 835 to Studio and Freelance 2007 (build 863) you will not believe what the answer was... and I found it here on Proz (old topic)!
If you are using a widescreen panel, resize the window of TE (in my case, make it approx. half of the width) and TE works like a charm again.
If I had only known this this morning... would have saved me a lot of time, money and stress!
Hopefully this topic will help someone with the same problems

Direct link Reply with quote

Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 22:33
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Sorry Oct 31, 2010

I haven't been reading the forum today, otherwise I could have told you. Jerzy wrote about it a few months ago.

I never had the problem, because I resize TE so that I see WB and the concordance window at the same time, TE on the left, WB at the right.

Your money is not lost, the next update (to Studio) will be cheaper than from 2007 FL.

Regards
Heinrich

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Easy solution to crashing TE

Advanced search

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search