https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/185962-creare_una_tm_da_due_file_distinti.html

Creare una TM da due file distinti
Thread poster: Sara Di Riso
Sara Di Riso
Sara Di Riso
Italy
Local time: 23:43
English to Italian
+ ...
Nov 22, 2010

Salve a tutti,
avrei bisogno di un aiutino con Trados 2009 e premetto di non avere una grande esperienza con questo CAT tool. In pratica, sto lavorando per un cliente, facendo il proofreading di files excel che non sono stati completamente tradotti, ad esempio il file 1 ha 6000 righe, di cui sono state tradotte solo 5000 sparse. Nella colonna A si trova la parte inglese, nella colonna B quella in italiano. Il cliente mi ha già anticipato che una volta finito il proofreading delle celle t
... See more
Salve a tutti,
avrei bisogno di un aiutino con Trados 2009 e premetto di non avere una grande esperienza con questo CAT tool. In pratica, sto lavorando per un cliente, facendo il proofreading di files excel che non sono stati completamente tradotti, ad esempio il file 1 ha 6000 righe, di cui sono state tradotte solo 5000 sparse. Nella colonna A si trova la parte inglese, nella colonna B quella in italiano. Il cliente mi ha già anticipato che una volta finito il proofreading delle celle tradotte, dovrò procedere con la traduzione di quelle mancanti.
Ho pensato che Trados potesse essermi d'aiuto, visto che le celle ripetono quasi sempre lo stesso contenuto per una ventina di celle, con piccole varianti, ad esempio:
- Linear oxygen sensor/pump current (ad esempio questa ha già la traduzione in italiano)
- Linear oxygen sensor/pump current Short circuit to Ground (questa invece devo tradurla io)
- Linear oxygen sensor/pump currentShort circuit to
- e così via.

Volevo quindi creare una nuova TM, in quanto grazie al proofreading ho una parte inglese e la sua traduzione in italiano.

Esiste un modo per creare una TM, partendo da un file excel come questo, senza che debba partire da zero con la fase di traduzione?

Spero che mi possiate aiutare,
Grazie,
Sara
Collapse

Luisa Ramos, CT
Luisa Ramos, CT  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 17:43
English to Spanish
English, please Nov 22, 2010

Will you post your entry in English? It is the language of this forum, it will increase your chances of getting an answer, and it will benefit many more colleagues.

Sara Di Riso
Sara Di Riso
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you, Luisa Nov 22, 2010

Luisa Ramos, CT wrote:

Will you post your entry in English? It is the language of this forum, it will increase your chances of getting an answer, and it will benefit many more colleagues.

Thank you Luisa.

Goodmorning,
I need help with Trados 2009, I'm at the very beginning with this CAT tool. I'm working for a client that needs proofreading of some excel files, each of 6000 rows, that are not completely translated (for example: only 5000 have the Italian translation). In the column A there is the English part, while in the column B there is the translation into Italian. The problem is not about the proofreading. The problem is that the client told me that in the next hours I have to start translating the rows without translation.

I thought that Trados could help me, also because most of the rows have the same content, repeated many times, with slight variations, like these rows below:
- Linear oxygen sensor/pump current (for example this one is translated)
- Linear oxygen sensor/pump current Short circuit to Ground (this one needs to be translated)
- Linear oxygen sensor/pump current Short circuit to
- and so on.

I wanted to create a new TM, so that I don't have to start from the beginning in the translation phase.

There is a way to create the TM using the excel files with the row translated, without "copy and paste" each segment on Trados? Since there are more than 100,000 rows...

Thank you,
Sara

FarkasAndras
FarkasAndras  Identity Verified
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Sure Nov 22, 2010

Sara Di Riso wrote:
I wanted to create a new TM, so that I don't have to start from the beginning in the translation phase.

There is a way to create the TM using the excel files with the row translated, without "copy and paste" each segment on Trados? Since there are more than 100,000 rows...

What you need to do is called alignment, i.e. you need an aligner.
The fact that your files are in xls makes this a lot easier.
Basically, what you need to do is put your source and target columns beside each other in a single xls file, and generate a TMX file. Then you can import that TMX into a Trados memory.
Here's a TMX maker: http://sourceforge.net/projects/aligner/
For this, you'll need to copy-paste your side-by-side text into Notepad and save it in UTF-8 encoding with File/Save as. Then start the TMX maker, generate your TMX and import to Studio. BTW you can add notes, such as the name of the source file, in the third column of your xls.

Sara Di Riso
Sara Di Riso
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
It works Dec 6, 2010

Sorry for the late reply, I just used your suggestions....THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

Sara

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Creare una TM da due file distinti

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »