Thread poster: Emma Gledhill
Emma Gledhill
Emma Gledhill
Switzerland
Local time: 05:19
German to English
+ ...
Nov 24, 2010

I've just done a rebuild and installed Office 2007 on Windows 7, working with Trados 2007 Suite build 863. ttx files seem to work fine, but in all the Word files I've worked on so far (granted only 4, but in different jobs from different clients), I cannot seem to use Set Close/Open Get - I get a "Subsegment not found" error message every time. I can do a Set Close followed by an Open Get but not the dual function, which is obviously going to substantially increase my working time. Has anyone co... See more
I've just done a rebuild and installed Office 2007 on Windows 7, working with Trados 2007 Suite build 863. ttx files seem to work fine, but in all the Word files I've worked on so far (granted only 4, but in different jobs from different clients), I cannot seem to use Set Close/Open Get - I get a "Subsegment not found" error message every time. I can do a Set Close followed by an Open Get but not the dual function, which is obviously going to substantially increase my working time. Has anyone come across this before and found a solution? Or do I have to use Tag Editor for everything now and regard doc/docx files as only useful for clean up? Would be grateful for any help/ideas as I have one large job to do and finish before moving next week and time is scarcer than ever!! Thanks a million in advanceCollapse

Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)
Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)  Identity Verified
Thailand
Local time: 10:19
English to Thai
+ ...
GE-EN language pair Nov 25, 2010

I understand that Trados WorkBench + Word interface translation meets with format changes (e.g. font, style) yor your language pair as well. To amend this, much time is consumed. I prefer TagEditor to Word interface. It is good for Doc/Docx files.

Soonthon Lupkitaro

Emma Gledhill
Emma Gledhill
Switzerland
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
TTX no good either Nov 25, 2010

I've tried translating in TTX too, but for some reason it won't insert the placeables and I have to copy them manually.

What's going on? This is untenable on a 16k job - does anybody have any ideas?

Spracharbeiter
Spracharbeiter
Switzerland
English to German
+ ...
Problem persists Dec 15, 2010

I have the same problem. Neither working in Word 2007 nor in TagEditor allows the use of alt + num+.
A weird bug. Anybody found a workaround?

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
There is no such bug Dec 15, 2010

Do the languages in your TM match the languages in the TTX file?
I mean exactly match, ie. English US must be English US and not English UK.
Could you please also make it more precise:
I have the same problem. Neither working in Word 2007 nor in TagEditor allows the use of alt + num+.
A weird bug. Anybody found a workaround?

Have you opened a segment first?

Emma Gledhill
Emma Gledhill
Switzerland
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Not just keyboard Dec 16, 2010

It's not just the keyboard shortcut that doesn't work, using the mouse doesn't either.

Yes, languages match.

Kerem Gecmen
Kerem Gecmen
Local time: 06:19
English to Turkish
+ ...
Template problem May 26, 2011

It seems to be an old topic but I'll still write my suggestion as a general reference.

You should change the template to overcome this problem. Remove the template "Trados.dot" and add "Trados.dotm" to Word. You can find templates in the path:
C:\Program Files\SDL International\T2007\TT\Templates

I hope this helps.

Supernova SCI
Supernova SCI  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 00:19
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Shortcut change May 30, 2011

In Word 2010 the shortcut changed from "alt + plus/asterisk" sign to "ctrl + plus sign/asterisk"... Don't know why...

Emma Gledhill
Emma Gledhill
Switzerland
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Doesn't apply here May 30, 2011

Supernova SCI wrote:

In Word 2010 the shortcut changed from "alt + plus/asterisk" sign to "ctrl + plus sign/asterisk"... Don't know why...

However I am not using Word 2010. This problem is one of the reasons I'm still working on XP and Word 2003 - if it ain't broke don't fix it. I never found a solution, by the way

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 2007 Suite error in Office 2007: subsegment not found

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »