Thread poster: Ahmed Maher
Ahmed Maher
Ahmed Maher  Identity Verified
Local time: 23:48
English to Arabic
+ ...
Nov 28, 2010

Hi,

For some reasons I prefer not to upgrade to Studio SP3 for now, and I have just Installed SP2. The problem is that I can not update my SP2 with Cumulative update 6 that is on Article # 3135 at talisma.sdl.com.
Every time I try to update Studio with Cumulative update 6 it stopped, and when I try to download the package "Studio-KB3135-06.zip" directly with IDM it also stop at 6%.
Is there a possibility to get the package any where else?

Thanks,

Walter Blaser
Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
French to German
+ ...
Connection problems? Nov 28, 2010

Ahmed Maher wrote:

Every time I try to update Studio with Cumulative update 6 it stopped, ...

You say it stopped and what happened then, did you get an error message? If yes, which one?

...and when I try to download the package "Studio-KB3135-06.zip" directly with IDM it also stop at 6%.

Do you mean that the download stopped? Sounds like a connection problem that you have. The file is only about 8 MB big, should download in a few seconds.

I suggest you check you Internet connectivity.

Walter

Ahmed Maher
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Nov 28, 2010

Many thanks for your reply, Walter.

The error message is HTTP connection to the server error, and I do not think that download stopped with IDM due to my internet connection as I have tried this several times both on my laptop and PC.
I am sure that it is server problem that's why I want to figure out if it was any possibility to have this file any where else.

Thanks,

Walter Blaser
Switzerland
French to German
+ ...
Download from SDL's server works fine Nov 28, 2010

I tried the download from SDL's server several times and it always worked out fine.

You mentioned two times now that IDM stopped. Can you tell me what you mean by 'IDM'?

The download on SDL's knowledge base website does not use any download manager, it is a straightforward HTTP download, so I wonder what utility you might be using here that causes problems.

Walter

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
The problem is your end Nov 28, 2010

Ahmed Maher wrote:
I am sure that it is server problem that's why I want to figure out if it was any possibility to have this file any where else.
Thanks,

Hello Ahmed,

I just downloaded it and emailed it to you. That bounced so I placed it on an ftp and mailed you the details.

Regards

Paul

Ahmed Maher
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Many thanks Nov 29, 2010

Many thanks for you Walter and Paul for email.
Actually, I have tried to update my Studio SP2 this morning and it works fine, but I tried to update Studio with this file to be able open IDML files exported from Indesign CS5 but I still unable to open such files.
I receive the error message that "Item has already been added. Key in dictionary:...". Is Studio does not support IDML files exported from Indesign CS5? I, also, read about some issues that some IDML files will not be opene
... See more
Many thanks for you Walter and Paul for email.
Actually, I have tried to update my Studio SP2 this morning and it works fine, but I tried to update Studio with this file to be able open IDML files exported from Indesign CS5 but I still unable to open such files.
I receive the error message that "Item has already been added. Key in dictionary:...". Is Studio does not support IDML files exported from Indesign CS5? I, also, read about some issues that some IDML files will not be opened with Indesign after exporting from Studio with the error message "Mismatched Tag", or "file not well formed".
Please let me know.

Thanks very much,
Collapse

Ehsan Karimi
Ehsan Karimi
Iran
Local time: 01:18
Persian (Farsi) to English
+ ...
same problem Mar 26, 2011

Salam (:
I have a same problem!
Can u mail me that zip file plz?

[Edited at 2011-03-26 10:56 GMT]

[Edited at 2011-03-26 10:56 GMT]

Ehsan Karimi
Ehsan Karimi
Iran
+ ...
I need it! Mar 29, 2011

anybody there?! ):

Ahmed Maher
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Here is the link Mar 29, 2011

Hi,

Below is the download link for Cumulative update 6.

http://talisma.sdl.com/utility/getfile.aspx?rid=1154

Regards,

Ehsan Karimi
Ehsan Karimi
Iran
+ ...
Same problem Mar 31, 2011

Ahmed Maher wrote:

Hi,

Below is the download link for Cumulative update 6.

http://talisma.sdl.com/utility/getfile.aspx?rid=1154

Regards,

Salam (:
I have same problem! I have visited this page several times before, but it stops downloading after a while! Can u plz send me this Cumulative update by email?

Shukran!

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
SP2 update 6 is outdated... Mar 31, 2011

Why on earth are you trying to stick to this obsolete version? In the meantime the current one is SP3 update 10...

Ehsan Karimi
Ehsan Karimi
Iran
+ ...
SP3 without paying? Apr 9, 2011

Jerzy Czopik wrote:

Why on earth are you trying to stick to this obsolete version? In the meantime the current one is SP3 update 10...

Salam(:
How can I update my sdl trados to SP3 without paying more money?
Thanks!

Walter Blaser
Switzerland
French to German
+ ...
Service packs are free Apr 10, 2011

Haghju

You can download the SP3 from your customer account for free. Once installed, use the 'AutoUpdate' function to install the latest patch, which currently is 'Cumulative Update 11'.

Walter

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados Studio SP2 update

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »