Studio SP3 - adding TMs/files to existing project
Thread poster: Heike Steffens

Heike Steffens  Identity Verified
Local time: 01:03
Italian to German
+ ...
Dec 2, 2010

My question might be a stupid one, but I wonder whether it is possible to add a second (or third…etc.) TM and/or file to an existing and active project.

Sometimes, customers send further files to be translated or even TMs so it would be quite nice if that was possible. I have not yet found out, if this option exists and until now I have simply recreated the whole project, adding all the TMs and files that have arrived later

Does anybody know the trick?

Have a nice day …

Direct link Reply with quote

Mark Nathan  Identity Verified
France
Member (2002)
French to English
+ ...
Very easy Dec 2, 2010

Select the project and then in the "files" view change to the source language (top left). Click on "File", then "Add files". Click on Batch tasks and "prepare". Change back to target language. The file should now appear among the project files.
For TMs just click on project settings in the Editor view and you can add/remove TMs.

Heike Steffens  Identity Verified
Italian to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you... Dec 2, 2010

... very much Mark. That easy? Great!

Have a nice day
Heike

pgschreier  Identity Verified
Switzerland
German to English
Not a silly question at all Dec 24, 2010

Hello Heike,

This was not a silly question at all. I was having the same problem. The documentation isn't a whole lot of help, but this forum is.

-- Paul

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio SP3 - adding TMs/files to existing project

Advanced search

LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search