SDL Trados 2009 SP3 - Cannot open MIF file
Thread poster: Morar Bras
Morar Bras
Local time: 00:11
French to English
+ ...
Dec 3, 2010

Hello,
Since this morning, I am unable to open files for a Project using a FrameMaker MIF version 9 file.
It worked fine yesterday!
I have checked and SDL Trados 2009 is up to date.
When I try to open the file, I get the message 'An error occurred whilst trying to determine the file version.
Has anybody else come across this message recently?
Any help would be much appreciated!

Direct link Reply with quote

Strohfeuer
English to German
+ ...
Origin of your project? Dec 3, 2010

Can you provide more information about the origin of your project?
Was it created from a project package?

If Studio cannot open the SDLXLIFF file, the reason could be that the File Type has been lost. Double-check that the MIF file type is enabled in the Project Settings.

There could also be a problem with the file itself (tagging issue etc.) that prevents Studio from opening it in the first place.

But f you were able to open the same file the day before, you might try to import the project package again and re-create the project.

Morar Bras
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Issue sort of solved Dec 3, 2010

I finally restarted SDL Trados. I got a different error message this time about a Term base problem (there was a term base associated with the project). So I created a new project with a different term base and this time it worked.
I imagine the problem came from the term base so I will have another look later.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Trados 2009 SP3 - Cannot open MIF file

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search