Bodil Little  Identity Verified
Denmark
Local time: 20:30
Member (2002)
English to Danish
+ ...
Dec 3, 2010

Hi there,

I had a virus (Security Tool) on my computer last week, and I thought I had cleared up all problems.

Yesterday, I encountered problems with Trados. I would get an error message box with the heading "TW4Win.exe" - No disk, and the message: There is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk in drive \Device\Harddisk4\DR4. I eventually would get the program up and running after numerous click on the box and it took maybe 15 minutes. Later, I figured out that the problem seemed to be a missing .dll file that had been quarantained by my virus program, and when I enabled the .dll file again, the program worked.

Since this morning, however, I haven't been able to access the program at all. I still get the same error message and there are no .dll files disabled anywhere as far as I can tell. I have also reinstalled Trados, but I cannot fix this. I have read that the TW4Win.exe could also be a virus.

Any suggestions as what to do?

Thank you in advance.
Bodil

Direct link Reply with quote

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Try to register the software Dec 3, 2010

In the SDL program group, in Trados you will find an item called "Registrer SDL Trados 2007 Freelance". Try to run that and check again.
However I must admit that it looks like a serious OS problem and not necessarilly a Trados one - your system seems to look for a harddisk which is not present...

Bodil Little  Identity Verified
Denmark
Member (2002)
English to Danish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Still no luck! Dec 7, 2010

Hi Jerzy,
Thank you for trying to help me. Unfortunately, it didn't work. Any other suggestions?

Best,
Bodil

Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
Reinstall everything Dec 7, 2010

Hello Bodil,
if you had a virus (seems to have been an aggressive one), backup your documents and other data, format your HDD and install everything from scratch.

To be on the safe side...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

2007, version 8 - TW4Win.exe - error message

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search