Trados 7 - Tag Editor has problems with certaing tags.
Thread poster: Maika Vicente Navarro

Maika Vicente Navarro  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 14:27
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Dec 3, 2010

Dear All,

I am using Trados Tag Editor version 7.0.0. I have been working on a Website translation with this program because my client asked me to use Trados.

The problem I have is that my Tag Editor does not recognise certain tags, and therefore, the text loses part of its format.

For example, whenever there are more than one tag in a sentence: a tag for table and various tags for link, Tag Editor does not recognise the tag for the link.
Or in another instance, there is a link tag in the middle of a sentence, and Tag Editor does not recognise the link tag.

Is there any way to force the Tag Editor to create those missing tags? Or should I format the document on the html directly?

Thank you for your help,

Maika

Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)  Identity Verified
Thailand
Local time: 10:27
Member (2004)
English to Thai
+ ...
DTD settings Dec 4, 2010

In TagEditor, settings of those tags are in the DTD setting file. Open menu Tools>Settings (advance). This file is saved as *.ini format in your Trados program folder.

Soonthon Lupkitaro

ahmadwadan.com  Identity Verified
Kuwait
Local time: 06:27
English to Arabic
+ ...
Alt+Ins Dec 5, 2010

Try alt+Ins (copy source) when the cursor is located in target TU, then edit source within target.

Regards

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 7 - Tag Editor has problems with certaing tags.

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search