Trados 7 - Tag Editor has problems with certaing tags.
Thread poster: Maika Vicente Navarro

Maika Vicente Navarro  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 02:56
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Dec 3, 2010

Dear All,

I am using Trados Tag Editor version 7.0.0. I have been working on a Website translation with this program because my client asked me to use Trados.

The problem I have is that my Tag Editor does not recognise certain tags, and therefore, the text loses part of its format.

For example, whenever there are more than one tag in a sentence: a tag for table and various tags for link, Tag Editor does not recognise the tag for the link.
Or in another instance, there is a link tag in the middle of a sentence, and Tag Editor does not recognise the link tag.

Is there any way to force the Tag Editor to create those missing tags? Or should I format the document on the html directly?

Thank you for your help,

Maika

Direct link Reply with quote

Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)  Identity Verified
Thailand
Local time: 23:56
Member (2004)
English to Thai
+ ...
DTD settings Dec 4, 2010

In TagEditor, settings of those tags are in the DTD setting file. Open menu Tools>Settings (advance). This file is saved as *.ini format in your Trados program folder.

Soonthon Lupkitaro

ahmadwadan.com  Identity Verified
Kuwait
Local time: 19:56
English to Arabic
+ ...
Alt+Ins Dec 5, 2010

Try alt+Ins (copy source) when the cursor is located in target TU, then edit source within target.

Regards

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 7 - Tag Editor has problems with certaing tags.

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search