Trados 7 - Tag Editor has problems with certaing tags.
Thread poster: Maika Vicente Navarro
Maika Vicente Navarro
Maika Vicente Navarro  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 02:24
English to Spanish
+ ...
Dec 3, 2010

Dear All,

I am using Trados Tag Editor version 7.0.0. I have been working on a Website translation with this program because my client asked me to use Trados.

The problem I have is that my Tag Editor does not recognise certain tags, and therefore, the text loses part of its format.

For example, whenever there are more than one tag in a sentence: a tag for table and various tags for link, Tag Editor does not recognise the tag for the link.
Or in ano
... See more
Dear All,

I am using Trados Tag Editor version 7.0.0. I have been working on a Website translation with this program because my client asked me to use Trados.

The problem I have is that my Tag Editor does not recognise certain tags, and therefore, the text loses part of its format.

For example, whenever there are more than one tag in a sentence: a tag for table and various tags for link, Tag Editor does not recognise the tag for the link.
Or in another instance, there is a link tag in the middle of a sentence, and Tag Editor does not recognise the link tag.

Is there any way to force the Tag Editor to create those missing tags? Or should I format the document on the html directly?

Thank you for your help,

Maika
Collapse

Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)
Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)  Identity Verified
Thailand
Local time: 23:24
English to Thai
+ ...
DTD settings Dec 4, 2010

In TagEditor, settings of those tags are in the DTD setting file. Open menu Tools>Settings (advance). This file is saved as *.ini format in your Trados program folder.

Soonthon Lupkitaro

ahmadwadan.com
ahmadwadan.com  Identity Verified
Saudi Arabia
Local time: 19:24
English to Arabic
+ ...
Alt+Ins Dec 5, 2010

Try alt+Ins (copy source) when the cursor is located in target TU, then edit source within target.

Regards

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 7 - Tag Editor has problems with certaing tags.

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »