Thread poster: Sherefedin MUSTAFA

Sherefedin MUSTAFA
Netherlands
Local time: 03:31
English to Macedonian
+ ...
Dec 5, 2010

Hi all,

I use Trados Studio 2009 under Windows 7.
Can someone please explain to me why in the Project area no project is shown even if all filters are set in "Shaw all projects"?

TIA

Direct link Reply with quote

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
Can we see a screenshot of your filter settings? Dec 5, 2010

Hi Sherefedin,

If we can see the settings you are filtering on then this may make it easier to make a suggestion.

Thanks

Paul

Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2010)
Spanish to English
changed paths? Dec 5, 2010

Have you changed the location of your projects? If you do that, Studio won't be able to find them.
Just a suggestion...

Sherefedin MUSTAFA
Netherlands
English to Macedonian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Screenshots Dec 5, 2010

Hi Paul and Emma,

I haven't changed any path of my projects.
Suppose thre Project tab in Studio doesn't make any difference between "projects" and file based projects.

@Paul
Unfortunatelly I can't just paste screenshots in here... perhaps there are ways to do that which I don't know. If you don't mind I can mail any screenshots to you..

United Kingdom
English
Single File Projects vs Standard Projects Dec 5, 2010

Hi Sherefedin,

There is a difference between Single File Projects and Standard Projects but as long as you have all of the filters set like this then you should see everything;

• Due date : Show all projects
  • Type : Show all projects

If they are still missing after this then I would favour Emmas suggestion as it wouold point towards the location of the Projects no longer being available. Maybe you have this on an external drive and it is turned off, or you moved them using windows explorer so Studio is no longer aware of where they are... or something like this.

If you use Open Project from the toolbar can you locate a Project (any Project) and open it? If yes, does this now appear in the Project list?

If the answer to this is "Yes" then you have probably done something to the Projects.xml (somehow) and you'll just have to add them all back in again manually by opening one at a time.

Regards

Paul

Sherefedin MUSTAFA
Netherlands
English to Macedonian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Same filter settings Dec 5, 2010

SDL Support wrote:
...but as long as you have all of the filters set like this then you should see everything;

• Due date : Show all projects
  • Type : Show all projects

Indeed, these are the filtere settings but I still have to open a project by clicking on File>Open>Project + respective project file where previously saved in order to get it open. Of course, it could save me all this "manual" procedure if all prohects were listed in the Project tab.

Regards,
Sherefedin

United Kingdom
English
And when you Open the Project... Dec 5, 2010

... does it stay in the list?

If not you could try closing Studio and then going to your Projects folder and deleting projects.xml. Then start Studio again and open your Projects one at a time in Studio so they start to fill the Projects view again.

Regards

Paul

Sherefedin MUSTAFA
Netherlands
English to Macedonian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Again Dec 5, 2010

Hi Paul,

Closed Studio, located the projects.xml file, deleted it, restarted Studio and opened some of my recent projects one by one... it seamed to work as all projects I had opened and closed were listed in the Project tab until.... I closed Studio again, opened it and the list has disappeared again...

When searching for a file projects.xml I can't find one anymore.

[Edited at 2010-12-05 16:04 GMT]

Sherefedin MUSTAFA
Netherlands
English to Macedonian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Again Dec 5, 2010

Hi Paul,

Closed Studio, located the projects.xml file, deleted it, restarted Studio and opened some of my recent projects one by one... it seamed to work as all projects I had opened and closed were listed in the Project tab until.... I closed Studio again, opened it and the list has disappeared again...

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Do you store your projects on your local HDD? Dec 5, 2010

Or maybe you do store them on an external HDD/server?

Sherefedin MUSTAFA
Netherlands
English to Macedonian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Server Dec 5, 2010

Hi Jerzy,

All my files are stored in the local "My documents" which are linked to my business server.

[Edited at 2010-12-05 17:38 GMT]

Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Server connection problems Dec 5, 2010

Can you confirm, that in the very moment you start Studio the server connection is working? It is enough that the drive Studio would search for the projects is not available in this moment and the list would be emptied.

Sherefedin MUSTAFA
Netherlands
English to Macedonian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Confirmed Dec 5, 2010

Yes, I can confirm that dhe server connection is permanent and ongoing.

Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Seen something like that already Dec 5, 2010

The customer I've seen projects dissapearing also has had a permanent and ongoing server connection, but when explored the drive letter was unavailable in the very moment Studio started. After restoring the drive letter and the projects from Projects.xml0.bak everything was back there.

Sherefedin MUSTAFA
Netherlands
English to Macedonian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
No projects.xml at this moment Dec 5, 2010

Hi Jerzy,

At this very moment my system doesn't detect any projects.xml when searching for this file... I deleted it following the Paul's suggestion but it seems no new projects.xml has been created.

Pages in topic:   [1 2] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Hidden list of projects in Studio 2009

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search