Multiterm dictionary export: fields in entry all run together
Thread poster: Deborah Hoffman
Deborah Hoffman
Deborah Hoffman  Identity Verified

Local time: 08:34
Russian to English
+ ...
Dec 5, 2010

I'm running Multiterm 2007 on Windows 7. (I've also tried it on my machine that still runs XP, with the same result).

I'm able to choose Export Entries, choose the Word option, export and save my file, but when I open it, instead of having each field in the entry on its own line, everything is just run togather in one big paragraph.

Also, my English definitions are missing entirely, and the actual illustations have been replaced by just the file name.

For
... See more
I'm running Multiterm 2007 on Windows 7. (I've also tried it on my machine that still runs XP, with the same result).

I'm able to choose Export Entries, choose the Word option, export and save my file, but when I open it, instead of having each field in the entry on its own line, everything is just run togather in one big paragraph.

Also, my English definitions are missing entirely, and the actual illustations have been replaced by just the file name.

For example

sapper
Russian сапёр SourceID Толковый словарь Ушакова PartOfSpeech Noun GrammaticalGender Masculine GrammaticalNumber Singular Definition Военнослужащий инженерных войск.

Context Если готовится оборона, то саперу незачем смотреть на местность противника, ему на своей местности работы достаточно, и чем глубже отходишь на свою территорию, тем работы для сапера больше и больше.
Note Ледокол, Виктор Суворов, М: АСТ 2007, с. 251.Graphic2 saper.jpg

I also learned how to export a dictionary in a class some years ago but the handouts don't mention any particular steps I'm missing.

Any suggestions appreciated...I'm a little abashed that I can't figure this out on my own.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Multiterm dictionary export: fields in entry all run together

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »