problem converting from excel 2010 to multiterm 2009
Thread poster: Joan Berglund

Joan Berglund  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 06:16
Member (2008)
French to English
Dec 5, 2010

I just started using Trados 2009 and Multiterm 2009. Previously, I was using Trados 2007 but not Multiterm. My operating system is Windows 7 64 bit. I am trying to convert a file from Excel 2010 to Multiterm 2009. On step 4/9 of the wizard, I get the error "The conversion process could not be initialised properly. Excel can not be started." Has anyone had this problem?

Daniel García
English to Spanish
+ ...
Are you using Excel 2010 32 bits or 64 bits? Dec 5, 2010

Joan Berglund wrote:

I just started using Trados 2009 and Multiterm 2009. Previously, I was using Trados 2007 but not Multiterm. My operating system is Windows 7 64 bit. I am trying to convert a file from Excel 2010 to Multiterm 2009. On step 4/9 of the wizard, I get the error "The conversion process could not be initialised properly. Excel can not be started." Has anyone had this problem?

I found this article in the SDL Knowledge Base:

http://talisma.sdl.com/display/2/kb/article.aspx?aid=3394

They say that MultiTerm 2009 SP3 supports the Office 2010 applications in their 32 bits versions but not in their 64 bits versions.

You say that you have Windows 7 64 bits but what about office? Are you using Office 2010 32 bits or Office 2010 64 bits?

(all this assuming that you have MultiTerm 2009 Service Pack 3)

Daniel

[Edited at 2010-12-05 17:01 GMT]

Adam Łobatiuk  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 12:16
Member (2009)
English to Polish
+ ...
Try other formats Dec 5, 2010

I don't have Excel 2010, and I don't know how to solve this particular problem, but as a quick fix, you can save the Excel file as a csv or tab-delimited text file, and convert that using the "Spreadsheet or database exchange format" option in MT Convert.

Joan Berglund  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 06:16
Member (2008)
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
32-bit I think Dec 5, 2010

I believe I have the 32-bit version of Office installed. I will try other formats and see if that works. I will be away from my office now, so I apologize if I don't answer any questions until tomorrow. Thanks very much for your help.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

problem converting from excel 2010 to multiterm 2009

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search