problem converting from excel 2010 to multiterm 2009
Thread poster: Joan Berglund

Joan Berglund  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 04:06
French to English
Dec 5, 2010

I just started using Trados 2009 and Multiterm 2009. Previously, I was using Trados 2007 but not Multiterm. My operating system is Windows 7 64 bit. I am trying to convert a file from Excel 2010 to Multiterm 2009. On step 4/9 of the wizard, I get the error "The conversion process could not be initialised properly. Excel can not be started." Has anyone had this problem?

Direct link Reply with quote

Daniel García
English to Spanish
+ ...
Are you using Excel 2010 32 bits or 64 bits? Dec 5, 2010

Joan Berglund wrote:

I just started using Trados 2009 and Multiterm 2009. Previously, I was using Trados 2007 but not Multiterm. My operating system is Windows 7 64 bit. I am trying to convert a file from Excel 2010 to Multiterm 2009. On step 4/9 of the wizard, I get the error "The conversion process could not be initialised properly. Excel can not be started." Has anyone had this problem?

I found this article in the SDL Knowledge Base:

http://talisma.sdl.com/display/2/kb/article.aspx?aid=3394

They say that MultiTerm 2009 SP3 supports the Office 2010 applications in their 32 bits versions but not in their 64 bits versions.

You say that you have Windows 7 64 bits but what about office? Are you using Office 2010 32 bits or Office 2010 64 bits?

(all this assuming that you have MultiTerm 2009 Service Pack 3)

Daniel

[Edited at 2010-12-05 17:01 GMT]

Adam Łobatiuk  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 10:06
Member (2009)
English to Polish
+ ...
Try other formats Dec 5, 2010

I don't have Excel 2010, and I don't know how to solve this particular problem, but as a quick fix, you can save the Excel file as a csv or tab-delimited text file, and convert that using the "Spreadsheet or database exchange format" option in MT Convert.

Joan Berglund  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 04:06
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
32-bit I think Dec 5, 2010

I believe I have the 32-bit version of Office installed. I will try other formats and see if that works. I will be away from my office now, so I apologize if I don't answer any questions until tomorrow. Thanks very much for your help.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

problem converting from excel 2010 to multiterm 2009

Advanced search

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search