Thread poster: Valentina Cafiero

Valentina Cafiero  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 07:31
Member (2005)
Spanish to Italian
+ ...
Dec 5, 2010

I have Sdl/trados 2007 and for a PC problem I had to reinstall it. Everything seems to work smoothly: I actived the license online again with the number provided and it is accepted without problem, but when I try to open a tm it says (Translation memory is too large for demo mode. Active your license ecc) I tried to ask to trados support, but no one answered me.

Aleksandr Surkov
Estonia
Local time: 08:31
English to Russian
+ ...
the problem may be with your firewall Dec 6, 2010

The problem may be with your firewall (Windows Firewall????).
It must allow to start lmdiag.exe, lmgrd.exe, lmtools.exe and trados.exe
Windows Firewall by default blocks them.

Italy
Member (2005)
Spanish to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
where are they? Dec 6, 2010

where are they?

Aleksandr Surkov
Estonia
Local time: 08:31
English to Russian
+ ...
- Dec 6, 2010

1. Click Start > Control Panel > Windows Firewall
2. On the Windows Firewall click on Allow a program through Windows Firewall
3. On the Windows Firewall Settings dialog, ensure that the Exceptions tab is selected.
4. Click the Add Program... button.
5. On the Add a Program dialog, click the Browse... button and browse to the Trados install folder and find the License Server folder. Once there, select the first file, lmdiag.exe and click the Open button. Repeat the process for all the files, lmdiag.exe, lmgrd.exe, lmtools.exe and trados.exe.
6. Once all the programs have been added click OK on the Windows Firewall Settings dialog to close the dialog.

http://www.capitalhead.com/1303.aspx?How%20to%20run%20SDL%20Trados%202006%20on%20Windows%20Vista%20and%20Windows%207

Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2010)
Spanish to English
support request Dec 6, 2010

Did you log a support request following the steps outlined here?
http://www.translationzone.com/en/support/solution-finder.asp
You are entitled to free licensing support, so this would be the best path to follow.

Italy
Member (2005)
Spanish to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I wrote on Firday, but I did not get any reply Dec 6, 2010

I wrote on Firday, but I did not get any reply

Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2010)
Spanish to English
Give them a chance! Dec 6, 2010

I'm sure it's very urgent for you, but 24 hours have hardly gone by (in working days) since Friday. Did you actually complete the SDL form that appears at the end of the trouble-shooting process? This is how SDL deals with licensing problems. (Saying "I wrote" sounds as if you just sent an email, which may not get any response at all)

By the way, did you return your licence before you set up your PC again? This is a very important step. Check in the "My accounts" section of the SDL website to see the status of your licence(s).

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Licensing problem

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search