How do I get to display both source and target segment while traslating in Word?
Thread poster: Elisa Farina

Elisa Farina  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 21:47
Member (2009)
Spanish to Italian
+ ...
Dec 6, 2010

Dear colleagues,

I'm having a problem which sounds quite trivial, but that is causing me a huge problem. I'm translating a file in the MS Word 2007 environment using SDL Trados 2007 and I need to visualize both the source segment and the target segment after validating a TU.

I've been using SDL Trados 2007 for several months and I have never had any problems with this feature. This morning, however, I've opened a new TM in Workbench, I've opened my file in MS Office 2007 and I have found that every time I open a segment and validate the TU, the target segment simply replaces the source segment.

I've looked in the official User Guide, I've looked in the Internet, I've searched Workbench and Word, but I have found no "Show Source" command nor any other way to display both source and target segment while translating.

Do you have any suggestions as to how I could solve this problem?

I thank you all very much in advance.

Elisa

Direct link Reply with quote

Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)  Identity Verified
Thailand
Local time: 03:47
Member (2004)
English to Thai
+ ...
Word hidden texts Dec 6, 2010

Hidden texts (and paragraph marks etc.) should be unhidden to see Trados source segments in Word. This function is often disabled due to a number of reasons. Go to Word Options (in the bottom of Main Word pane by clicking the Word logo mark) > Display > Select to show hidden texts etc.

Soonthon Lupkitaro

Elisa Farina  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 21:47
Member (2009)
Spanish to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you! Dec 6, 2010

It worked! Thank you so much! I hope I'll have the chance to return your favour sooner or later.

Thank you once again,

Elisa

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How do I get to display both source and target segment while traslating in Word?

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search