Multiterm 2009 SP3: Unexpected exception when getting view part instance of view part Hitlist
Thread poster: tomasik

tomasik
Slovakia
Local time: 11:36
German to Slovak
+ ...
Dec 7, 2010

Hi, all,
I run SDL Trados 2009 Studio SP3 + SDL Multiterm 2009 SP3 (8.5.0.0) + SDL Trados 2007 FL on my notebook (HP Compaq/AMD Athlon Dual-Core QL-60, 1,90 GHz, 3GB RAM, MSW Vista Home Premium + MS Office 2003 Standard).
Since 1 December, an attemt to open Multiterm, regardles if from within Studio, Word, TWB or MT,
leads to error message: Unexpected exception when getting view part instance of view part Hitlist, and the Multiterm stops working.
Any idea, what I have to do in order to bring MT to work?
FT

Marta Cervera Areny
Spain
Catalan to Spanish
+ ...
Same problem since I updated MultiTerm! Dec 9, 2010

I have the same problem since I installed the latest update for MultiTerm 2009. Anyone knows how to solve the problem?

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Try deleting the following files Dec 9, 2010

C:\Users\user_name\AppData\Roaming\SDL\SDL MultiTerm\8.5.0.0\BaseSettings.xml
C:\Users\user_name\AppData\Roaming\SDL\SDL MultiTerm\8.5.0.0\UserSettings.xml
and start over again.

Marta Cervera Areny
Spain
Catalan to Spanish
+ ...
Found a solution!! Dec 9, 2010

I read in another discussion that some bugs for SP3 could be solved by repairing the installation as explained here: http://talisma.sdl.com/article.aspx?article=3420&p=1

Despite the error message I get is not in the problem description SDL gives, I did it: downloaded the file, executed it and MultiTerm is working again.

Thanks for your help anyway, Jerzy!

[Edited at 2010-12-09 11:26 GMT]

[Edited at 2010-12-09 11:28 GMT]

tomasik
Slovakia
German to Slovak
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
It works again Dec 9, 2010

MultiTerm works again, have thanks you both Marta and Jerzy.
FT

[Edited at 2010-12-09 15:03 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Multiterm 2009 SP3: Unexpected exception when getting view part instance of view part Hitlist

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search