Thread poster: Sabine Ide

Sabine Ide  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 01:04
Spanish to German
+ ...
Dec 7, 2010

Hello,

I just tried to save the target of a word document translated in TagEditor and got the message "Target document cannot be created because the tag structure in the TagEditor document is invalid". But when checking the TagEditor document, it does not find any problem.

So, what can I do to get my target word text?

Every idea highly welcome.......
Sabine

Direct link Reply with quote

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Source format? Dec 7, 2010

Most probably you have a Word 2007 document.
The original file is corrupt and leading to this error. You can save the original file as Word 2003, retranslate that one and save it as target.

Sabine Ide  Identity Verified
Germany
Spanish to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Jerzy. Dec 7, 2010

I just had forgotten to save as word 97 document (although I really should have known......)

Sorry!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 2007 tag structure invalid

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search