Create indexes in TM - Studio 2009 (translate from and to source language)
Thread poster: damg_translator
damg_translator
damg_translator
Brazil
Local time: 17:42
English to Portuguese
Dec 8, 2010

Dear colleagues,

When I had SDL Trados 2007 Suite, I was able to create/update indexes in the Translation Memory.
Example: I was able to use the same TM for translating from Portuguese to English and also from English to Portuguese.

I just had to open the TM in SDL Maintain in SDLX 2007, go to "Tools >> Utilities >> Create Indexes", and then create an index for the target language (the index for the source language already exists by default).
Also, a
... See more
Dear colleagues,

When I had SDL Trados 2007 Suite, I was able to create/update indexes in the Translation Memory.
Example: I was able to use the same TM for translating from Portuguese to English and also from English to Portuguese.

I just had to open the TM in SDL Maintain in SDLX 2007, go to "Tools >> Utilities >> Create Indexes", and then create an index for the target language (the index for the source language already exists by default).
Also, after creating the index in SDL Maintain, I was able to shift source and target languages on "View >> Select Languages"

When opening a document with SDLX wizard, I could use the same TM (PT-BR >> EN-US) for translating a file from EN-US to PT-BR.

When I upgraded by TM's to Studio 2009 (I have SP2), I couldn't find a way to work with the same TM for translating from and to the source language.

Can anyone help me? I really need a two-way TM!

Thanks
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Create indexes in TM - Studio 2009 (translate from and to source language)

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »