https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/187172-why_can_i_no_longer_do_save_target_operation_in_studio_2009_%5B%22an_error_occurred_while_writing_breaks.html

Why can I no longer do Save Target operation in Studio 2009 ["An error occurred while writing breaks
Thread poster: Andreas THEODOROU
Andreas THEODOROU
Andreas THEODOROU  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 21:25
Greek to English
+ ...
Dec 8, 2010

- I received a Word file to translate in Studio 2009.
- In Studio, I translated the file then did Save Target.
- I proofread the printed-out copy of the target file.
- I entered the corrections in Studio.
- I attempted to do Save Target again but it is now impossible - I get the message "An error occurred while writing breaks" GRRRRRRRR!

I cannot find any Studio-specific answers to this problem.

This seems to have been a common problem with TagE
... See more
- I received a Word file to translate in Studio 2009.
- In Studio, I translated the file then did Save Target.
- I proofread the printed-out copy of the target file.
- I entered the corrections in Studio.
- I attempted to do Save Target again but it is now impossible - I get the message "An error occurred while writing breaks" GRRRRRRRR!

I cannot find any Studio-specific answers to this problem.

This seems to have been a common problem with TagEditor workflow. The fix was to make ensure that there was an End-of-Paragraph mark before every section break. This doesn’t seem to apply here because I have already successfully done a Save Target operation.

What's going on? How can I fix this and get on with some productive work?

I am using SDL Studio Trados SP2 9.1.1264.0 (Freelancer version) and Word 2007

OS is Windows 7

Thanks for your suggestions.
Collapse

Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)
Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)  Identity Verified
Thailand
Local time: 02:25
English to Thai
+ ...
Error message Dec 8, 2010

In my Trados 2009 target save error, I found messages on top of in the Editor tab. By correcting and deleting the mistakes (e.g. missing tags) I could save the target file again.

Soonthon Lupkitaro

Andreas THEODOROU
Spain
Greek to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
. Dec 8, 2010

Hello Soonthon

In my case, there is no more specific information.

When I click on the message line, the program tells me that the message is not attached to a specific part of the file.

JimShanks
JimShanks
Local time: 20:25
Dutch to English
Solution in Talisma Dec 8, 2010

A search of this forum will reveal a solution to this problem already submitted by Sherefedin MUSTAFA (thanks to him for pointing me to this solution some time ago).
To quote from his post:

Go to
http://talisma.sdl.com
insert: 1468 en click on search.

This will give you step by step instructions for solving this problem.

[Edited at 2010-12-08 17:31 GMT]... See more
A search of this forum will reveal a solution to this problem already submitted by Sherefedin MUSTAFA (thanks to him for pointing me to this solution some time ago).
To quote from his post:

Go to
http://talisma.sdl.com
insert: 1468 en click on search.

This will give you step by step instructions for solving this problem.

[Edited at 2010-12-08 17:31 GMT]

[Edited at 2010-12-08 17:32 GMT]
Collapse

Andreas THEODOROU
Spain
Greek to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
. Dec 8, 2010

In fact, I have already read this page.

It's not relevant to me because:
- there *are* end-of-paragraph marks before section breaks in the Word document (besides, if this were the issue, I would not have been able to do Save Target at all)
- I am not using TagEditor

JimShanks
JimShanks
Dutch to English
Sorry this did not help Dec 8, 2010

This solution worked for me in Studio 2009 and found the problems. Have you tried the workaround for error writing paragraph breaks on this forum. It seems to be a silver bullet for many problems. Good luck, and if you do find a solution please share it
By the way, I notice from your original post you are using SP2, is there a good reason why you have not upgraded to SP3 which resolves a number problems (maybe even yours)?

[Edited at 2010-12-08 18:51 GMT]

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Did you veryify your translation for possible tag deletion? Dec 8, 2010

Could you please check this? F8 and folow the messages about deleted tags, if any...

JimShanks
JimShanks
Dutch to English
Sorry this did not help Dec 8, 2010

This solution worked for me in Studio 2009 and found the problems. Have you tried the workaround for error writing paragraph breaks on this forum. It seems to be a silver bullet for many problems. Good luck, and if you do find a solution please share it

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Why can I no longer do Save Target operation in Studio 2009 ["An error occurred while writing breaks

Translation news related to SDL Trados

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »