Multiterm 2007 in SDLX
Thread poster: Wandenaelis

Wandenaelis
Local time: 17:59
English to German
Dec 8, 2010

Hi there,

I'm having problems with Multiterm 2007 in SDLX and hope you can help me.

I've just upgraded from Trados 2007 to Studio 2009 and I run both on the same machine.
When I open a Multiterm 2007 database in SDLX I can select the database from a list but no hits will be displayed. When I press "Lookup" nothing happens. When running QA Check the Mulitterm hits neither will be logged. The Side by Side Tool is working correctly.

Has anybody a solution for this problem?

Thanks
Andreas

Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 18:59
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Use termbase Dec 9, 2010

SDLX has its own Termbase for terminology. You should probably export the file and import it into Termbase. But I'm no expert.
Regards
Heinrich

Grzegorz Gryc  Identity Verified
French to Polish
+ ...
7080 build... Dec 9, 2010

Wandenaelis wrote:

I'm having problems with Multiterm 2007 in SDLX and hope you can help me.

I've just upgraded from Trados 2007 to Studio 2009 and I run both on the same machine.

In theory, it should work after Studio 2009 SP3 release but a lot of people report the terminology handling is permanently broken after running Workbench.

When I open a Multiterm 2007 database in SDLX I can select the database from a list but no hits will be displayed. When I press "Lookup" nothing happens. When running QA Check the Mulitterm hits neither will be logged. The Side by Side Tool is working correctly.

You have upgraded SDLX to the 7080 build?
The terminology recognition in the initial SDLX 2007 SP3 build was broken after the Studio release.
BTW, you should rather use Multiterm 2009 handled by 7080 build, the switchin between MT 2007 and 2009 is not bulletproof and may cause problems.

Cheers
GG

Wandenaelis
English to German
TOPIC STARTER
7080 build Dec 9, 2010

I already use the SDLX version 7080 build. Unfortunatly I have to switch between Multiterm 2007 and 2009 for my projects.

Any other ideas to solve this problem?

Thanks
Andreas

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Multiterm 2007 in SDLX

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search