How to show headers and footers to be translated?
Thread poster: SandraV
SandraV
SandraV  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 14:12
Member (2004)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Dec 8, 2010

I am using Trados Studio 2009, I cannot see the footers/headers that need translation. I have made a search in the software Help, but cannot find the solution to this, so I would appreciate a little help.

Thanks in advance!

Jean-Pierre Artigau (X)
Jean-Pierre Artigau (X)
Canada
Local time: 16:12
English to French
+ ...
They should be there Dec 8, 2010

I usually use Trados 2009 with Word documents. From my experience, headers and footers of Word documents appear with the rest of the text. Headers and footers that apply to all the text (i.e. all pages) appear at the beginning. Footnotes that are referred to by a number appear after the paragraph where the number is.

Jean-Pierre

SandraV
SandraV  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 14:12
Member (2004)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
The problem is that they do not appear complete Dec 9, 2010

Thank you Jean Pierre. The problem is that they do not appear complete, in this case the page numbers: "page x to x" as well as other data are missing, so I'm afraid I will have to translate them manually on the target file.

Regards

Catherine Chen
Catherine Chen  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 04:12
English to Chinese
+ ...
My case is the opposite Dec 10, 2010

Headings and footers appeared in Trados, but after I translated and exported the translated file they did not show up in the .doc file...

Jean-Pierre Artigau (X)
Jean-Pierre Artigau (X)
Canada
Local time: 16:12
English to French
+ ...
Never seen that Dec 12, 2010

I have never seen such a situation. Catherine and Sandra, you should probably look at the formatting of your source document. My experience is mostly with Word documents.

Jean-Pierre

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to show headers and footers to be translated?

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »