"Save Target As" button in Trados Studio: is there any way to put it on the toolbar?
Thread poster: Arturo Mannino

Arturo Mannino  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 08:09
Member (2003)
English to Italian
+ ...
Dec 10, 2010

Hi all,

I'm working on a large project with a huge number of small XML files. I was wondering if there is a way to customize the toolbar, since I would like to have the "Save Target As" button on it.

Any help will be appreciated.

arturo

Direct link Reply with quote

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
NO Dec 10, 2010

But why not pressing "SHIFT+F12", which is the default shortcut for Save target as...
Or even customizing that one to anything what suits your purposes?
Toolbars are not that customizable... but also not that comfortable, as you need the mouse to hit the button. I'd rather prefer to hit a key instead.

Grzegorz Gryc  Identity Verified
French to Polish
+ ...
No way Dec 10, 2010

Arturo Mannino wrote:

I'm working on a large project with a huge number of small XML files. I was wondering if there is a way to customize the toolbar, since I would like to have the "Save Target As" button on it.

No, no way.
Studio doesn't handle the toolbar customization except the QuickInsert settings.

BTW.
The Shift+F12 hotkey is available instead.

Cheers
GG

Arturo Mannino  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2003)
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Dec 10, 2010

Thank you Jerzy and Grzegorz. As for the shortcut, my F12 key is dangerously close to the Power key, which I already unintentionally hit a couple of times causing the PC to shut down
I'll try to customize the SHIFT+F12 with a less "dangerous" key.

arturo

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Change the damned keyboard :) Dec 10, 2010

Arturo Mannino wrote:

Thank you Jerzy and Grzegorz. As for the shortcut, my F12 key is dangerously close to the Power key, which I already unintentionally hit a couple of times causing the PC to shut down
I'll try to customize the SHIFT+F12 with a less "dangerous" key.

arturo

:ironic mode on:
What kind of computer are you using? A Kamikadze one?
:ironic mode off:

But seriously, changing shortcuts is a piece of cake, take CTRL+SHIFT+S for example.
If it is already in use you can also change the other usage.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

"Save Target As" button in Trados Studio: is there any way to put it on the toolbar?

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search