Thread poster: Helga Humlova

Helga Humlova  Identity Verified
Austria
Member (2003)
English to German
+ ...
Dec 11, 2010

Hi

for apparently no reason (I did not do anything with my system) trados refuses to work..

I have Win 7 ultimate - Trados 2007 - Office 2003

Since yesterday night I have been working with no problems.
This morning when I needed to use TagEditor, it would not come up. Then I realized that my Workbench does not show the usual flags. Had a look into Help-Product info and saw that there is no Licenzno. or anything like this. But I sure have an official copy with activated codes.
Where on my system I find the Licence Manager? Nothing in SDL (in the Programme section of my C drive).

Thanks in advance for getting me out of this soon!
Helga

Direct link Reply with quote

Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 14:40
French to German
+ ...
Check which licence is activated ... Dec 13, 2010

.. by launching the 'Licence Manager". You can do this from the Help menu of Workbench or from Programs - SDL International - SDL Trados 2007 - Licence Manager'.

In the section 'Activated Licenses' click on 'View Activated Licenses'. It will show which licenses you currently have as well as their expiry date. If you do not have any valid licence, use the 'Activate Online' button to activate your software using the activation code given to you in the Customer Account.
In the Customer Account under "My Licenses" you can also check whether you license code is in use or still available.

Walter

Austria
Member (2003)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Lic Manager says I am activated Dec 13, 2010

Thanks Walter, have done all of that, and received "Congrats" that activation was successful. Just that it says "licensing problem" as soon as I want to open any of 2007 components.
Going crazy here.... Support seems to be extremely slow. Now answer despite 2 support logs, I´ve already filed.
Helga
Walter Blaser wrote:

.. by launching the 'Licence Manager". You can do this from the Help menu of Workbench or from Programs - SDL International - SDL Trados 2007 - Licence Manager'.

In the section 'Activated Licenses' click on 'View Activated Licenses'. It will show which licenses you currently have as well as their expiry date. If you do not have any valid licence, use the 'Activate Online' button to activate your software using the activation code given to you in the Customer Account.
In the Customer Account under "My Licenses" you can also check whether you license code is in use or still available.

Walter

Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
Hardware? Dec 13, 2010

Hello Helga,
have you changed any hardware lately, especially your network card?

Austria
Member (2003)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
no have not made any changes... Dec 13, 2010

ne, Stando, nic takoveho.. or, to be correct. Now I have done, because Trados forced me to. Now I have this 2009 installed, but 2007 still not running. That drives me crazy.
I cann´t even work "manually" because the document I urgently need to work on is in TagEditor, which, as I understand is not even available unter 2009.

Stanislav Pokorny wrote:

Hello Helga,
have you changed any hardware lately, especially your network card?

Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
Getting confused... Dec 13, 2010

Helga Humlova wrote:
ne, Stando, nic takoveho.. or, to be correct. Now I have done, because Trados forced me to. Now I have this 2009 installed, but 2007 still not running.

So, you installed both 2009 and 2007. Are you absolutely sure the license that shows as being active in the License Manager belongs to 2007, not 2009?

I cann´t even work "manually" because the document I urgently need to work on is in TagEditor, which, as I understand is not even available unter 2009.

You still can, Helga, because a) the full Trados 2007 suite comes along with Studio 2009, and b) Studio can open TTX files, so you can use your TM and your TTX files in Studio.

Please feel free to drop me a PM if you need to. I would see what I could do.

HTH.

Austria
Member (2003)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
thanks sooo much standa Dec 13, 2010

I just sent you an email.

Stanislav Pokorny wrote:

Helga Humlova wrote:
ne, Stando, nic takoveho.. or, to be correct. Now I have done, because Trados forced me to. Now I have this 2009 installed, but 2007 still not running.

So, you installed both 2009 and 2007. Are you absolutely sure the license that shows as being active in the License Manager belongs to 2007, not 2009?

You still can, Helga, because a) the full Trados 2007 suite comes along with Studio 2009, and b) Studio can open TTX files, so you can use your TM and your TTX files in Studio.

Please feel free to drop me a PM if you need to. I would see what I could do.

HTH.

Austria
Member (2003)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Problem solved! Dec 14, 2010

Trados support came up with these instructions, and they worked. I am up and running again!

Close all Trados applications and then:

1. click Windows key + R. - a window opens.
2. here you enter regedit and confirm with Enter.

3. Now go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Trados 4. Change the entry from "TagEditor" into "TagEditor_old"
5. Do the same for "TW4Win" aus.

Restart TagEditor and/or Workbench.

I did as instructed - and it works.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 2007 - problem with licence

Advanced search

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search