Quality assurance settings
Thread poster: patriciabr

patriciabr  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 15:57
English to Spanish
Dec 12, 2010

Hello, I'm new to Trados and just installed 2009 and I've been using the different features following the manual and I just came up with an issue that I can't resolve. I went to the Quality Assurance settings and checked a few boxes such as mark as warning when there are double spaces between words, etc.

I tried the feature by inserting a few mistakes and -according to the manual- once I confirm the segment a warning sign should pop up to indicate that there's a (eg) puntuation mistake, but this didn't happen.

I tried pressing F8 to make a global verification but it didn't find the mistakes either. I went to Tools, Options to make sure that my options were checked and they are still there.

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance for your valuable help.

Direct link Reply with quote

Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Local time: 20:57
Member (2010)
Spanish to English
project settings Dec 12, 2010

If you are trying this out with a file that is open (i.e. it is already in a project) then you need to make these changes in "project settings" not tools>options.

Tools>options is to change the settings on all new projects/documents you open from that moment on.

patriciabr  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 15:57
English to Spanish
Thank you Dec 13, 2010

Thank you for your help. Note taken.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Quality assurance settings

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

• All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search