Quality assurance settings
Thread poster: patriciabr
patriciabr  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 11:57
English to Spanish
Dec 12, 2010

Hello, I'm new to Trados and just installed 2009 and I've been using the different features following the manual and I just came up with an issue that I can't resolve. I went to the Quality Assurance settings and checked a few boxes such as mark as warning when there are double spaces between words, etc.

I tried the feature by inserting a few mistakes and -according to the manual- once I confirm the segment a warning sign should pop up to indicate that there's a (eg) puntuation mistake, but this didn't happen.

I tried pressing F8 to make a global verification but it didn't find the mistakes either. I went to Tools, Options to make sure that my options were checked and they are still there.

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance for your valuable help.

Paty

Direct link Reply with quote

Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 17:57
Member (2010)
Spanish to English
project settings Dec 12, 2010

If you are trying this out with a file that is open (i.e. it is already in a project) then you need to make these changes in "project settings" not tools>options.

Tools>options is to change the settings on all new projects/documents you open from that moment on.

HTH

patriciabr  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 11:57
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Dec 13, 2010

Thank you for your help. Note taken.

Patricia

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Quality assurance settings

Advanced search

LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search