Thread poster: A_Fangrath

A_Fangrath  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:56
English to German
+ ...
Dec 13, 2010

Hi,

I didn't find any courses for Passalo.
Does anyone know when or how often they take place?

Direct link Reply with quote

Oleksandr Kupriyanchuk  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 13:56
Russian to English
+ ...
Possibly, Passolo? Dec 14, 2010

SDL Passolo...

I doubt if they hold such courses. Passolo is rather simple.

Marinus Vesseur  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 03:56
English to Dutch
+ ...
Search for Introduction to Passolo Dec 14, 2010

.. and you will find various resources. Just ignore comments by colleagues who are trying to make their mark here For most of us this is not a simple program, believe me. On the other hand, it's no rocket science, either, so don't be scared to start using it.

This is very helpful: http://www.lspzone.com/en/news/webinar-recordings/introduction-to-passolo-2007.asp?GP_upload=true&UploadId=891537272

Skip to 15:15 to avoid some extremely boring Powerpoint slides (someone with a strong German accent basically reading what it says on the slides - some people will never learn how to use Poserpoint right) with Passolo 'advertising'. A nice step-by-step introduction to Passolo 2007 follows. It's designed for the agency, mind you, but no less interesting.

There may be something like this for Passolo 2009. If there is, I'd like to know it myself. Anyone?

I'm pretty sure there are courses for it as well. Just Google the right search words.

Good luck!

- Rien

Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
French to German
+ ...
There is training offered for Passolo Dec 14, 2010

Have a look here:

http://www.sdl.com/en/language-technology/training-and-certification/sdl-passolo/

but there don't seem to be any planned dates at the moment. There is a link to contact SDL.

There are also third party trainers giving training on Passolo.

Walter

English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Useful Dec 14, 2010

Thank you Walter,

that's very useful. Passolo might be easy to learn, but then, no software is rocket science and it is possible to start by just using the manual and asking questions here when the software does not cooperate.
A more effective way is to aquire the skills in a structured way and that is why the trainings are helpful. Thanks again!

English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
@Rien Jan 21, 2011

Thank you very much! This is what I was looking for!
I was able to make some time for it just now, thank you for the tip!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Passalo Online Training

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search