How to create configuration file (*.ini)
Thread poster: tjsajja

tjsajja
Thailand
Local time: 07:46
English to Thai
+ ...
Dec 14, 2010

Dear all,

I wonder if anyone knows how to create a configuration file (*.ini). I have received XML files for translation from the customer but the customer did not supply the configuration file. The files cannot be analyzed by Translator's Workbench nor opened in TagEditor.

Please advise.

Best Regards,
TJ

Direct link Reply with quote

Yana Bukharova  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 20:46
English to Russian
+ ...
It's better to ask your customer to provide it Dec 14, 2010

Hi tjsajja,

I think it's better to ask your customer to provide this (*.ini) file. Usually they provide both - the source file and .ini file.

Regards,

Yana

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 02:46
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Use TagEditor or Workbench to create the ini file Dec 14, 2010

Open File Format Reference Guide, a PDF document provided with Trados 2007. You can find it in SDL International program group, subgroup Documentation.
Then go to "Tutorial: Tag settings wizzard", where the proces of creating an ini file is fully descirbed. When asked to "Import" files show all xml files provided by the customer.
Follow the other steps of the description there.

tjsajja
Thailand
Local time: 07:46
English to Thai
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Anybody else can help please? Dec 14, 2010

Dear Jerzy Czopik,

Thank you very much for your reply. However, I still have no hope even though I read through the documentation from the Files Format Reference Guide. Anybody else can help please?

Best Regards,
TJ

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to create configuration file (*.ini)

Advanced search

LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search