Thread poster: Achim Hofmeyer
Achim Hofmeyer  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 07:30
English to German
+ ...
Dec 14, 2010

Hey there,

I have managed to kill my system over the weekend. Now I want to reinstall Trados studio 2009. As far as I know, I have to return my license before I can activate the new installation. I cannot find the option in my SDL online account.

How can I return the license without the local license manager??

Thank you

[Edited at 2010-12-14 12:54 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
You cannot return license via the portal Dec 14, 2010

Please go to http://talisma.sdl.com and use the Solution finder there. report your probem to suport staff and they will reset your license. This is the only way to restore the license (besides calling the support, if you have a support contract, but even then you will have to log a case).

Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2010)
Spanish to English
Additional licence activations Dec 14, 2010

Jerzy is right, but while you are waiting for SDL to reply and sort out your lost licence, you may be able to activate an additional licence from their website.

On the SDL site (My Licenses), check whether your application says "This license is supplied with Extra Activations". If you've got an extra one, now is the time to use it!

Germany
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Case logged Dec 14, 2010

Thank you Jerzy, I have logged my case now.

Thank you too Emma, I'll do so

Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
French to German
+ ...
You only need to return the license if you reinstall the OS Dec 14, 2010

Achim

If you did not reinstall the entire OS, you don't need to return the license. Uninstalling the Trados SW does not deactivate your licence. You may uninstall and reinstall Trados as many times as you like without any need to return the license. Only if you scratch the HD and reinstall the OS, you should first return your license.

Walter

Germany
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Unfortunately Dec 14, 2010

Thank you Walter,

but unfortunately I had to reinstall the entire OS and format all my harddrives as I somehow managed to mess it up big time

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Returning a 2009 Studio license

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search