Thread poster: Helena Diaz del Real

Helena Diaz del Real  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 04:30
German to Spanish
+ ...
Dec 14, 2010

Hello colleagues,

I have Trados Freelance 7 and work with Windows 2003.

My short question is:
How can I realize the number of units included in a TM, that I received from the agency?

About:
My problem is, that I received the five files of a TM from the agency. They are (except for one) all quite heavy, but I am not sure if my Trados adopted it or not. So I hope, by asking the number of units included in my TM, I will be able to know whether the news one are included or not.

Oh! I hope it is clear enough!...

At any case, thank you very much for your help!

Many greetings,
Helena

[Edited at 2010-12-14 20:34 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Check the number of segments Dec 14, 2010

Hi Helena! I hope life is good these days!

I think that what you could use is the number of segments. You can check that by opening the memory and selecting File > Properties. In the Translation Memory Properties dialog, click "Translation Units". This shows the number of segments present in the memory.

You might want to check this figure before and after importing the exported memories (which I assume is what they sent you) from your agency customer.

I hope this is what you are looking for!

Hugs,
Tomás

Germany
German to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you very much, dear Tomás Dec 14, 2010

Hello Tomás!

Thank you for your hope! Yes, nice is doing well with me and I really hope it does with you too!!!

I also thank you very much for your help. Indeed exactly this was what I meant and you have been a big help. However I have seen that I only have one segment. That means, that the memory is not included, unfortunately.

By searching around I learned that I must work with WB and not with TagEditor. The problem now is that I have the five files for the TM but I can't import them into my TM.

So my next question is:
Is there a way to import them (iix, mdf, mtf, mwf, tmw) into my TM without asking the agency to change it into .txt-files?

I thank you very much again!

Have a great december!
Helena

[Edited at 2010-12-14 21:29 GMT]

xxxGabriellaP
German to Hungarian
+ ...
You can do it yourself Dec 15, 2010

Hello Helena!

You can open the tmw-file in Workbench, export as txt- or tmx-file (see Workbench File/Export/OK).

Good luck!

Gabriella

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Exactly Dec 15, 2010

As Grabriella says.

The fastest option is to open your agency's memory, export it in the TXT format, and then open your memory and import that TXT file. This should create a memory containing all of the agency's segments.

Germany
German to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Gabriella and Tomás, thank you very much Dec 15, 2010

Dear Gabriella and Tomás,

thank you very much for your help.

Finally it has worked out, to get the tmw-File into my TM. For this I had to EXPort it into my open TM. And this had to be WordBench (and not TagEditor).

Now is my problem solved and only because of you!

Once more thank you very much and my best Christmas greetings for you!
Helena

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to see the quantity of words inside a TM

Advanced search

PDF Translation - the Easy Way
TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation.

TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation. It also puts your translations back into the PDF to make new PDFs. Quicker and more accurate than hand-editing PDF. Includes free use of Infix PDF Editor with your translated PDFs.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search