Using SDL XLIFF Converter
Thread poster: Simon Kemisho

Simon Kemisho  Identity Verified
South Africa
Local time: 09:17
zzz Other zzz to English
Dec 15, 2010

I have just installed the new SDL XLIFF Converter into my computer. However, when I tried to use it to convert material to MS Word to send for editing to translators who do not have SDL Studio, I constantly get this error message "Could not load file or assembly 'DocumentFormat.OpenXml, Version 2.0.3302.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf385ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified."

Please help I am really desperate. Something that I have noted with this application is that it doesn't come with any guidelines on how to use it.

Regards

Simon

Direct link Reply with quote

xxxMihai Badea  Identity Verified
Luxembourg
Member (2004)
English to Romanian
+ ...
OpenXMLSDKv2 Dec 15, 2010

Hi Simon,

Have you installed OpenXMLSDKv2.msi before installing SDL XLIFF Converter?

The application seems pretty intuitive to me, but I agree a help manual would be nice.

Simon Kemisho  Identity Verified
South Africa
Local time: 09:17
zzz Other zzz to English
TOPIC STARTER
SDL XFILL Dec 15, 2010

Hi Mihai,

Thanks for coming back to me rather promptly. No I haven't and I think that might be the cause of the problem. No one advised that this should be installed before installing this application. Where does one get this from?

Regards

Simon Kemisho

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 08:17
English
OpenXML Dec 15, 2010

Hi Simon,

There is mention of this requirement in the application overview here;

But I don't think it's very prominent and the developer should add a user guide, despite it being fairly straightforward as there are a few tricks that are easier to find if someone shows you.

I do have a simple ppt I can make available to anyone who needs it (I did), so just drop me an email at pfilkin@sdl.com and I'll send it over.

Regards

Paul

Lisa Ritchie  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 08:17
Member (2010)
German to English
+ ...
How can I install the SDLXLIFF Converter? Apr 25, 2011

Hello,

I'm trying to download the SDLXLIFF Converter. I have SDL Trados Studio (freelance), and following Paul Filkin's instructions in his .pdf file:

- I just installed SP3
- I installed OpenXML SDK 2.0 (only the 3.8 Mb file)

The next step is to "Simply run the SDLXLIFFConverter.msi". But where can I find this file?

Thanks for your help.

Lisa

Liselotte K. de Hennig  Identity Verified
Uruguay
Local time: 04:17
Spanish to German
+ ...
Start > All Programs > SDL > Open Exchange Apps > SDL XLIFF Converter for Microsoft Office Apr 25, 2011

This is the path in my PC.

HTH
Kind regards
Liselotte

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Using SDL XLIFF Converter

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search