trados workbench no substitutions of ST for TT
Thread poster: Alexander Mynzak
Alexander Mynzak
Local time: 15:31
English to Ukrainian
+ ...
Dec 15, 2010

When translating via trados worbench the source text is not subsitituted by the target text - that means that when I press Alt + the ST and translation are both in the word document - so that the document is bilingual

[Edited at 2010-12-15 11:56 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 14:31
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Would you please rewritte your request so, that it is understandable to everybody? Dec 15, 2010

What action are you performing (the correct Trados name of the action, not the shortcut for this please)?
Or do you simply refer to the fact you see sentences in source language and target language in the document?
This is pretty normal and desired behaviour. When you print the document, source will not be printed, as it is formatted as hidden text. You may hide the text via Tools - Options - View and deselecting the hidden text view there, but I would recommend to keep the setting and look at both source and target in your document. Otherwise there is quite a possibility that you may damage the so called "segment delimeter" and make your translation unusable.

Alexander Mynzak
Local time: 15:31
English to Ukrainian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
that's right Dec 15, 2010

yes I see both texts
the problem I dont have to print it but send it in doc. Can I hide the text after I have translated it?

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 14:31
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Cleanup via Workbench Dec 15, 2010

or using a Word macro. For the WB process Tools - Cleanup. For Word macro ALT+F8 and let the TW4winclean.main run.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

trados workbench no substitutions of ST for TT

Advanced search

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search