Thread poster: Lucie Lessard

Lucie Lessard  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 08:55
Member (2003)
English to French
+ ...
Dec 15, 2010

I translated this file also in Tag Editor 2007 and got the same problem: target word file is 2,36 Mb ( I have 14Gb of free space on the laptop and much more on the desktop) Does not work.
Antivirus: McFee on the laptop and AviraAntivir on the desktop.

I translated the same 2 MB Word file with SDL Studio 2009 SPK2. When I saved it back into the original format: Save target as...
I get this message but I need to deliver the file now (due yesterday...):

Ce message d'erreur s'affiche en cas de problème lors de l'enregistrement du fichier.  Bien souvent, l'origine est un disque dur plein, une mémoire RAM insuffisante ou un problème d'autorisation au niveau du lecteur sur lequel le fichier est enregistré.  Si le fichier d'échange dépasse l'espace disque disponible, enregistrez-le sur un autre lecteur. Si la mémoire RAM est insuffisante, augmentez la mémoire RAM disponible.  Si vous ne disposez pas des autorisations nécessaires pour enregistrer sur ce lecteur, sollicitez-les auprès de votre administrateur ou choisissez un autre lecteur.
Remarque : cette erreur est possible si votre ordinateur est équipé d'un logiciel antivirus dont la version est incompatible avec Office ou qui doit être mis à jour. Cette erreur peut également se produire lorsque vous enregistrez sur une disquette pleine ou trop petite pour le fichier.
En savoir plus sur ce message d'erreur en ligne.

Direct link Reply with quote

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 14:55
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Does the file open properly in Word? Dec 15, 2010

When opened in Word can you save under a diffetent name in different location?
After opening in TagEditor or Studio are you abe to save teh Word from an untranslated file?

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Word file to large to open

Advanced search

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search