Studio won't save target: gives error messageabout tags
Thread poster: David Turnbull

David Turnbull  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:46
Russian to English
Dec 15, 2010

I get an error message "one or more end tags do not have a matching start tag"
It was not true but I tried removing all tags. The problem remained.
I tried starting a new project, and let the TM translate a section at a time, then tried saving target. It worked for the first 300 sections, but then after the next 100 it threw up the same error message. The incremental 100 sections did not contain any tags

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 14:46
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
The error message is clear: you have deleted a starting tag Dec 15, 2010

It is not true, that your segments do not contain tags. What is true, you do not see them, because you're using the WYSIWYG environment in Studio.
Please go to Tools - Options - Editor and change the setting to "Show all tags but do not show formatting".
Now go to Project settings - File types - Proper file type for your source document, select Tag verification and deselect the option Ignore formatting tags.
Verify the document with F8 and correct tag errors.
After that the target document should be produced.

BTW, removing tags is not a solution unless you know exactly why the tags are there and what they cause, which obviously means, that you know what happens when you remove them. This hoewever involves some knowledge about tags.

[Edited at 2010-12-15 23:22 GMT]

David Turnbull  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:46
Russian to English
TOPIC STARTER
tag error in studio Dec 16, 2010

Thank you for you prompt reply. Unfortunately what you suggested didn't show any unmatched tags. I found the errant segment by progressively trying to "save as target" half the remaining segments after each try. When I found the errant one, it just had matching tags for italics, so I change to non-italics and the whole document saved ok

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio won't save target: gives error messageabout tags

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running and helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search