Studio 2009 SP3: Find window does not appear on screen
Thread poster: David Jessop

David Jessop  Identity Verified
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
Dec 19, 2010

Hello...

When I hit CTRL-F or I go to the Find menu, the corresponding tab shows up on my system tray in Windows but it does not appear on the screen. Trying to fix this by using Minimize or Size does not help either.

I am thinking that the following data is quite relevant: normally, I use Trados and my computer with two screens, my laptop screen and an external display. However, this week I am traveling and have only my laptop, no external screen. I imagine that Find was opening on the second screen and now it is not.

Does anyone have a clue as to how to solve this?

Thanks for any help.

Best,.
David

Direct link Reply with quote

Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 07:42
Member (2010)
Spanish to English
Windows monitor settings Dec 19, 2010

I've had that sort of problem when there's a power cut and I can only see my laptop screen and not the 2nd monitor.
Even restarting doesn't necessarily solve it.
What has worked sometimes is going to screen resolution (right click on your desktop) and making sure the screen is set to your laptop screen only. Try changing it to another setting and then returning to the one it should be on, clicking on "apply".

It's only an idea - but maybe it will work for you.

David Russi  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 23:42
English to Spanish
+ ...
View > Reset Window Layout Dec 19, 2010

Have no idea whether it will work, but it might reposition the Search window as well...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2009 SP3: Find window does not appear on screen

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search