"(80001): Translator's Workbench Error: The remote procedure call failed" - Online TM and server
Thread poster: Anne-Sophie Cardinal

Anne-Sophie Cardinal  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 08:07
Member (2007)
English to French
+ ...
Dec 19, 2010

Hi everyone,

I have Trados 2007. I'm having a serious problem in a job using Trados Translator's Workbench
and TagEditor. I am using an online TM from my client' server.

MY PROBLEM is:

--->Everything takes VERY long: open/close/set segments/concordance....

--->At some point, after have managed to open, translate and set a few segments in a row, Workbench stops responding, then and I get this message: "(80001) Translator's Workbench Error: Remote procedure call failed." Then, it asks me if I want to restart Workench. It resarts slowly and then I can work on an other 2 or 3 segments, before I have the exact same issue!!! I have now restarted about 40 times....

MY QUESTION is:

---> Have any of you already experienced such a problem and, if so, what would you suggest?

I am completely desperate because my deadline is in less than 24 hours and I still have lots of words to translate, since everyting takes so long to achieve!.... :*-(

Any advice or help will be extremely appreciated.
Thanks,

Anne-Sophie

[Edited at 2010-12-19 16:24 GMT]

[Edited at 2010-12-19 16:26 GMT]

[Edited at 2010-12-19 17:54 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

Adam Łobatiuk  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 14:07
Member (2009)
English to Polish
+ ...
Not sure it will work Dec 19, 2010

But since this is so urgent-can you export the TM or use "Translate", possibly with colors? That would enable you to work offline. Then you could clean a copy of your translation and update the TM.

It looks like a connection problem and not your fault, so you might want to take a screenshot of the error message and show it to your client.

Canada
Member (2007)
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Mmm... Dec 19, 2010

Hello Adam,

THANK YOU for your advice. It sounds lik a good idea. Unfortunately, I have just tried, but it seems like I can not export this TM. Are you sure it is possible to do an export for an online TM on server?

I am not sure what you mean by "use "Translate", possibly with colors?" Do you mean using fuzzy?

Thank you kind for your time.

Anne-Sophie

Adam Łobatiuk  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 14:07
Member (2009)
English to Polish
+ ...
Export and translate Dec 19, 2010

Hi Anne-Sophie,

I'm actually not that experienced with remote TM's, but it seems that you can export the content of an online TM if you have sufficient permissions (apparently you don't).

By using "Translate" with colors, I meant selecting colors under Options - Translated text colors, and then using Tools - Translate with a more or less reasonable match level, say 70%. I hope that works with your online TM. Obviously, the colors aren't necessary, but might help visually.

Canada
Member (2007)
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
thank you Dec 19, 2010

OK, thank you very much. I will try and see what happens.
:
So far, I am still progressing, but SO SLOWLY... :-/ I think I have now restarted Workbench and TagEditor maybe 60 times, restarted my computer, researched about it, etc. I feel like a turtle, because even though the actual translation part is fast, I still have to wait 1 minute for every segment to open, close, set, debug, etc.!!

I will wait for the client to respond (most likely tomorow -Monday-, since their office is closed now). In any case, I can not make miracles happen and if the deadline is missed (I hope not!), there is nothing more I can do for now.

Ah! technology!!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

"(80001): Translator's Workbench Error: The remote procedure call failed" - Online TM and server

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search